Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just joined as I found the forum while googling for Mokka information.

This has been a goldmine of information so far about Gap insurance, spare wheels and mud flaps etc, etc.

Looking to buy or lease a Mokka to replace by wife's 2006 BMW X3 3.0 diesel that is a fantastic car but is getting old and is very thirsty at about 30mpg on a good day ( it's an old one from before low emissions and efficiency was so important....)

We will probably lease rather than buy and change it every 2 or 3 years depending on the lease deals I find.

I have just phoned local main dealer for a test drive, waiting for a call back so lets see how they respond.

Reading the online reviews maybe I should not consider such a poor car
( that's a joke
)

Edited by: mark

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

The online reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt as some of the more prominent reviews were obviously from the European launch , prior to the UK ride modifications . I would be happier if a long term review was being undertaken ! Leasing could be a very good option if supply continues to be tardy , should lower the rates !!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Won't the supply issue be reflected in both lease as well as purchase? All from the same shortage of stock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Number Six said:
Welcome to the forum !

The online reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt as some of the more prominent reviews were obviously from the European launch , prior to the UK ride modifications . I would be happier if a long term review was being undertaken ! Leasing could be a very good option if supply continues to be tardy , should lower the rates !!
Thanks for the welcome,

A shovel of salt may be more appropriate

I don't believe any reviews of anything
as I know how it works, when a product gets slated it is usually for a
reason other than anything to do with the product at all

Some products that get excellent reviews are actually very average

There are nearly always 'vested interests' at work and it is the same in most industries

The
only review/ opinion that matters to me is my own based on actually
driving the car

( It is an hour since I phoned the main dealer and no call back yet so a test drive this weekend looks doubtful - We went in on Saturday 6th for a look, now keen for a test drive but no response yet.....might go and try a Citroen DS4 )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts