Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
my drivers side indicator has stopped working on my Mokka X 2017; I have had two people look at it and apparently because it’s LED I have to have the whole headlamp unit replaced; can anyone offer any advice on this please? It’s going to cost me a pretty penny if that is the case…
Thank you 😊

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
It appears to be answered at post #3 CLICK with the indicator built in the top DRL which are the full length of the headlight.

Reactions: Ljrose17

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Would you please keep this Forum updated as to the outcome, thank you?

Reactions: Ljrose17

·
Registered
1.4 Turbo Elite Nav
3 Posts
Chances are the leds have failed or moisture has gotten into the led module, I wouldn’t bother with the auto electrician unless you want it confirming if it were me I would be after one of these cheaper than a full headlight
Note eBay item item ain’t mine and has nothing to do with me

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Chances are the leds have failed or moisture has gotten into the led module, I wouldn’t bother with the auto electrician unless you want it confirming if it were me I would be after one of these cheaper than a full headlight
How will that help if the LED has failed?

·
Registered
1.4 Turbo Elite Nav
3 Posts
How will that help if the LED has failed?
Can you enlighten me to how it won’t help ?

You will just be replacing the led module instead of the whole headlamp.
The drl and indicator inside the light unit is basically a fibre optic tube that has the led module at the end of it the leds shine down the fibre optic creating the strip of light that we see.
mid you look at picture number 6 on that eBay listing you can clearly see the surface mount leds labelled LD LD1-6 indicator leds LD7-10 drl and sidelights

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Yes it is the whole led unit, and no I didn't look at the pictures, why on earth are so many things mis-described, I've seen them before on Ebay, and like this one they are called LED power supply, powerpack or driver, so not looked further.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Can you enlighten me to how it won’t help ?

You will just be replacing the led module instead of the whole headlamp.
The drl and indicator inside the light unit is basically a fibre optic tube that has the led module at the end of it the leds shine down the fibre optic creating the strip of light that we see.
mid you look at picture number 6 on that eBay listing you can clearly see the surface mount leds labelled LD LD1-6 indicator leds LD7-10 drl and sidelights
If it works and I have no reason to doubt it will, it is quite a saving on a complete replacement. Thanks for the information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts