Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Olly and glad to have joined.

I have a 1.7 CDTi Mokka Exclusiv with Navi600 on order in Metallic Grey (ordered back in November), and waiting to find out a delivery date - hoping to have it 1st March for new number plate.

Looking forward to being part of the community and sharing & learning.

Thanks

Olly

Edited by: OJSimmonds

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse Olly

·
Registered
494 Posts
1st March, Olly? Where are you up to on the Trackmyvauxhall website?
Edited by: Bandage_Boy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome Olly, you must be very high up the pecking order with your car or you dealer hasnt updated you very well. most of us on the new plates have got nearer to april dates even with november orders.

Good luck with the waiting game.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi there,

I think I posted too soon:

I ordered my Mokka on the 1st December (bit gutted to miss free
fuel, but got a good 8% discount), and was told it would be delivered in
Feb 2012. We had asked from day 1 to be able to delay the pickup until
1st March to get the new 13 plate (lucky for some!)

At first I though that sounds good, though the more I read on this forum the more I feel that is way out.

I
contacted the dealer early on this week (before I had joined up here)
for an update and was told everything was on track and so I
provisionally asked to come in to collect on Satruday 2nd March. He said
yep thats fine and put it in the diary.

Having now read a few
posts on here, I wonder if I should have had a tracking number by now?
Or at least some sort of confirmation?
I just wanted to run it past your good selves before I call back up later today so that I have some ammo for chasing!

Thanks in advance

Olly

·
Registered
505 Posts
All you need to do, is ring up and ask for an update on your mokka and ask if he has a tracking number, for you to use on the tracking site.

Let us know how you get on

Andy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right, just rang the garage, the salesman I have been dealing with is off today, so a colleague looked at my file on the system for me. Verbal message was along the lines of:

Vauxhall are yet to allocate your order a build date so I have nothing to report as yet regarding the delivery date to ourselves. You will receive confirmation of the build dates and then nearer the time confirmation of expected delivery dates from Vauxhall.

Given I have had nothing, it looks like I will be waiting a while! I am now quite dissappointed as to why the other salesman didn't say this on Monday - guess I will have to have a word with him tomorrow.

He went on to say if I ordered a new Mokka today, they are estimating June deliveries! Looks like I am playing the waiting game and am quite a way down the queue!

The most annoying thing is that the tax/MOT/Insurance on my trade in car all runs out in April so I am hoping I wont have to renew all three just for a month or two's delay. I will be asking the garage to at least cover some of this.

Cheers

Olly

·
Registered
505 Posts
Olly im in the same boat as you.

Was told end of January middle ofFebruarywhen i ordered. Now im looking at end of April 1st week of May.

My tax is up end of this month and also i need a MOT and Insurance end of March or April i cant remember with out looking.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Guys, look at my previous link.

I'm at step 25 and not showing on the tracker website. When you are at step 33 you will get a production date allocated. I've a date of May 2nd and it was originally February hence my link will clear things up and may give you some bargaining power.

Let me know how you get on.

http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/update-on-adios-amigos_topic143.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the link, definitely good bargaining power.
Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi there,

Just to keep you updated and hopefully to share my pain and frustration!

Spoke to salesman today and got my tracking number - not even at stage 1! And on the email I got when I registered my email address against the number it had the following quote:

We'll contact you when your car has been allocated a build week. This
should be around nine to ten weeks before the delivery date advised by
your Retailer.

Looks like I am going to be waiting it out!

Though for the record (and might be useful info to others) when I questioned this with the salesman who had promised this early delivery of Feb, he said until the system actually gave a date I could not be sure it was going to be late! Whaaaat!!
As if it will suddenly tomorrow say build date of next week and delivery in Feb - yer right!

I now have to wait for a date - as we all do!

Olly

·
Registered
91 Posts
Olly Exactly the same position as me although I ordered 17th nov last time I spoke to dealer stillsaying Feb a possibility As if!

Edited by: MALC

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad its just not my dealer then. Part of me (the very optimistic side) does wonder if we might be pleasantly surprised and maybe the tracking system has an error, though the realist in me says to look forward to getting the car in May!

Olly

·
Registered
296 Posts
As hard as the wait is (especially if your dealer is BS-ing you) better to think later than sooner so you can only be happy with the outcome. Its just very annoying if the dategets changed literally at the last minute!!!
Hang on in there though guys!!!! Before you know it you will look back (like some of the fortunate Mokka ownersalready have) and it will have a few thousand on the clock and memories on the camera!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Love Stallion said:
Morning and welcome to "the waiting area". Please be seated and wait for your number to be called

FANTASTIC made me laugh. Its gonna be a long three months for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts