Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245;">I'm from sweden and i got my new Mokka a week ago.

1.7CDTI 4x4

My new rims with 235-30-20.Longing for spring!!!

Two days ago, I chipade car, like the new performance

I have ordered mudflaps and sidebars, will update when them arive.

A blog about my cars, a rwd calibra and my new mokka:
www.<b style="color: rgb0, 153, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">conman .<b style="color: rgb0, 153, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">se /<b style="color: rgb0, 153, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">projektet /index.html

and my homepage:
www.conman.se

Edited by: conman

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi.I'm curious as to your "chipping", it's something I too am looking at,1.7CDTI 4x4 on order. Hurry up and update your site to include this!!!

Is it good in the snow?

Edited by: Spireite

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Those look like some nice mods. I was going to say that I don't think many of the UK guys will me chipping the engine due to the effect on the lifetime warranty. Do you have to have winter tyres over there by law?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Welcome,like your 20" rims,I also used to have a calibra in the 90s a red one.looked at your blog,would be better if I could read it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

Well we are required by law to have winter tires as long as it is winter road conditions.
I hope that spring has come in about two or three weeks.

I also want out and play with my rear wheel drive calibra.

I will update my website and blog, but also add some pictures here of how the chip is mounted.

It is really smooth and easy to remove when the car is in for service
and they can not detect that it was chipad.

It is said that it will increase from 131/300 to 164/378 bhp / Nm

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can I ask where you got the tuning box (chip). I have experience of these in my last diesel car. Excellent performance gains and much improved fuel efficiency. I bought my last one on ebay from a guy in Italy. £75 which paid for itself in a few months with the improved fuel economy.

Edit. Just found the Racechip website. You seem to have gone for the Racechip Pro2. Think I'll just go for the Racechip at 129 Euro.

Looking forward to your further comments.
Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it on Ebay.RCS1259 Chiptuning RaceChip für Opel Mokka 1.7 CDTI ecoFLEX 96kW

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RCS1259-Chiptuning-RaceChip-fur-Opel-Mokka-1-7-CDTI-ecoFLEX-96kW-/300872657580?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item460d686aac

·
Registered
246 Posts
conman said:
Got it on Ebay.RCS1259 Chiptuning RaceChip für Opel Mokka 1.7 CDTI ecoFLEX 96kW

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RCS1259-Chiptuning-RaceChip-fur-Opel-Mokka-1-7-CDTI-ecoFLEX-96kW-/300872657580?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item460d686aac

Thanks for that. Have you had previous experience of using this manufacturers chip in another car?I think they are all quite similar in their actions. Lots of negative comments made about these tuning boxes but in my experience they are a great addition to the running of the engine. Much smoother power delivery and, as already stated, the gains in fuel economy.

·
Registered
246 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Welcome to the forum! Those look like some nice mods. I was going to say that I don't think many of the UK guys will me chipping the engine due to the effect on the lifetime warranty. Do you have to have winter tyres over there by law?
If you remove the tuning box prior to any contact with Vauxhall it is not able to be traced. My last car, a Fiat, had one fitted and I just removed it before annual service. Takes 2 minutes to remove. On the third annual service I forgot to remove it and nobody made any comment.
I had loads of warranty repairs on my Fiat and never had any issues. Just removed box before taking to garage.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hmmm interesting indeed. So what are the negatives if the positives are better performance and greater fuel efficiency?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I should have been more specific. Many believe that these boxes are just a con. They believe the box only contains a small resistor that fools the ECU to believe the air temp is low thus increasing fuel supply to the injectors. This is nonsense as most boxes are manufactured by established companies and some boxes have been taken apart and analysed. In my experience of using one I have no hesitation in recommending it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks for that, can I utilise your experience please and get you to post a general introduction to these chips ( and include some of the ones out there) in the Engine and Drivetrain area of the forum? It would be good to have some info on how to install them and their benefits (and your review when you get one) in a centralised place.

·
Registered
817 Posts
wellfan said:
I should have been more specific. Many believe that these boxes are just a con. They believe the box only contains a small resistor that fools the ECU to believe the air temp is low thus increasing fuel supply to the injectors. This is nonsense as most boxes are manufactured by established companies and some boxes have been taken apart and analysed. In my experience of using one I have no hesitation in recommending it.

If there are no negatives why arent the manufacturers installing them as standard if it gives smoothness/more fuel efficiency.

And apart from warranty what about insurance. Could make it nul and void if you havent declared it.

Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think it's the insurance aspect that would worry me. Declare it and pay. Don't declare it and you could still pay if there was an accident and for whatever reason you were unable to remove the box before Plod, a garage or an assessor started digging around

·
Registered
421 Posts
wellfan said:
Can I ask where you got the tuning box (chip). I have experience of these in my last diesel car. Excellent performance gains and much improved fuel efficiency. I bought my last one on ebay from a guy in Italy. £75 which paid for itself in a few months with the improved fuel economy.

Edit. Just found the Racechip website. You seem to have gone for the Racechip Pro2. Think I'll just go for the Racechip at 129 Euro.

Looking forward to your further comments.
Am with you here. I have nothing but good experience by doing it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I really do not want to say any more about tuning boxes other than to say I am a believer and it worked for me in my previous car. Stirs up too much negativity from some people, looking for reasons tobe critical.Yes you have to consider insurance, etc., so I would suggest that people do some research and come to their own conclusions. Loads of information out there on the WWW.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ixasio said:
wellfan said:

If there are no negatives why arent the manufacturers installing them as standard if it gives smoothness/more fuel efficiency.

And apart from warranty what about insurance. Could make it nul and void if you havent declared it.
In essence, an engine is "detuned" to cover all eventualities. So identical cars, one driven by a mother, doing a daily 1 mile school run, has the same engine performance,as say a reps motorway cruiser.
If you look at the modern sports/super-car, they all have launch control, track mode, etc. Some, such as BMW and Audi ( Audi <em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; orphans: auto; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">[/i]<em style="font-style: normal; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: small; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">drive select) take it further by altering other driving dynamics, suspension braking etc. You don't always get the best set-up from the manufacturer!
[/i]

·
Registered
421 Posts
Pammartin75 said:
Welcome,like your 20" rims,I also used to have a calibra in the 90s a red one.looked at your blog,would be better if I could read it
If you use google's Chrome - it'll translate it for you!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts