Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have been following the forum for some time now, and am pleased to see on the whole people are enjoying their new cars.

For a long time now I have not kept a new car for longer than three years. My Insignia is 3 years and 6 months old. I have been waiting for the Mokka before makinga change.Being cautious wanted to see some on the streets, and see how people got on with them before taking the plunge. I have no interest in any other Vauxhall models.
I can see from the forum that while there are problems, they are not as bad as they could be. I feel that I am in a position to start tentative approach to ordering but something is holding me back.

I think there are afew reasons/excuses:

The Stealers, You have to put up a hell of a fight to get a good deal. The salesmen seem to a man (there are other genders available) seem to be in denial about any issues with the car.

Problems: The biggest problem for what I read seems to be with AFL, what is annoying is that Vauxhall refuses to accept this as a problem and the resoulution differs form dealership to dealership. I would not specified this an option.

Lead Time: The length of time to delivery from ordering seems really painful, but also the lack of transparency at dealer level and information seems to be apalling. The protacted process also makes it difficult to secure a decent trade in price - you can order a car now, but wait six months and any trade in deal could be harsh especially if you have to sell your car. I appreciate some people have managed to agree a minimum price deal.

Chevrolet: The trax is due to be released this year, and while I cannot find any real information on prices (maybe someone has them) is expected to come in around a £1000 cheaper than a Mokka, before any deals. (I expect delivery issues would be similar)

I don't know if I am looking for advice or finally trying to work out why I am hanging back.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are still deals to be had if you shop around dealers or buy on line.
Hopefully the AFL problem will eventually be sorted

100,000 lifetime warranty

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Deke welcome to the house of fun !
I was like you you, shall I buy vauxhall or not? I have never owned a vauxhall before nor even been interested in their range, but there was something about the Mokka that got me interested. The test drive sold it to me and the fantastic deal that comes with it, 0% finance, £1000 deposit they put in, the partners discount, lifetime /100.000mile guarantee. Yes the down side was the lead time and trade in allowance. I was lucky as i had two cars so had time to sell one car privatly, which might be an option for you while you are waiting delivery, which I believe they are quoting 6 months from order ouch!! The problems that are being reported now hopefully will be sorted out on new production cars in the future, even vauxhall will get it right eventually
The feed back from all owners has all come back very positive, this for me seems to back up our decision to join the Mokka owners club and get in the long que and wait like everybody else, its entertaining on here and all the information you could possibly want. Happy reading and good luck whatever decision you come to.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Interesting to read your post about Vauxhalls, I have had many Vauxhalls and in during the last 20 odd years from the same dealer, that makes for a good permutation, firstly a good and honest relationship with the saleman (use the same one) and excellent support from the service department. They always say "come in and we will see what we can do" when suhc things as the engine management light come on. Others are likely to refer you to "were booking 3 weeks from now" There has been the odd occasion I have referred a problem to Vauxhall customer services and they have been first class. Vauxhall cars have improved in leaps and bounds from the Cresta and Wyvern days and I unreservedly recommend the Company to anyone who is dithering! Picking my new Mokka up on friday morning, it will be complete with spacesaver tyre, mudflaps and rubber mats, VX protection, now thats service.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Deke, i know exactly what you mean in all that you say above.
I suppose I was the same about making up my mind and taking a risk (as calculated as it could be I grant you) in ordering an untestedcar,especially as I'mrunning around in one that is great for me. I had been waiting for them coming into the showrooms in November and then, after having seen it, finding this forum with loads of useful info for you to digest was a great help.
As for dealers, you will always find 'salespeople' who are tasked with selling something, virtually never tell you of problems with their product. I armed myself with as much info. &visited 4 of them before deciding on the best one. I know price is an important factor in choosing a dealer but having confidence in them also goes a long way and, although you can't judge them in their entirety,I think you pick up a sense of what they are like during negotiations with them. It is a British trait that most don't like 'haggling' for a better price but you have to these days (it's your money they want) and, if you're not happy, say goodbye and move onto the next one. There are deals out there and just looking at some of the messages on here gives you an idea what has been achieved.

The AFL issue will get sorted.I don't think Vauxhall are denying there's a problem; I think like many other manufacturers, they have been slow to react to it but, it seems as thoughpressure from some of the members on here is having a positive effect, and there is light at the end of the tunnel - just not from AFL's - yet!

As regards the waiting times,Ibelieve they've been caught out to some extent by the demand for the car and this has led to some extraordinary waiting times but, again, I think they will resolve that and those waiting times will be reduced - we are seeing that happenalready by some members having been told their cars are going to beready earlier than they had previously been told.

I was also looking into the Trax but personally felt the Mokka looked better and, that £1,000 difference in their respective prices can soon be swallowed up by decent 'haggling' for a Mokka!

It's relatively early days for me compared to some of the guys who have been waiting on here but, personally, I can at least vouch for the dealer I have decided to buy from.I don't know what area you live in but if it's anywhere near me I'd happily give you details -as I'm sure anyone on here would give you details of their dealerif you happen to live nearer to them.

One thing for sure Deke, you'll get plenty of advice to help you during your journey.

·
Registered
315 Posts
jcol said:
Interesting to read your post about Vauxhalls, I have had many Vauxhalls and in during the last 20 odd years from the same dealer, that makes for a good permutation, firstly a good and honest relationship with the saleman (use the same one) and excellent support from the service department.
Same here, never had any issues. I was introduced to the sales manager about 15 years ago and with dealt with him since, if anyone can do deals he can! I have had a LOT of Vauxhalls since then.

Vauxhall have taken on the AFL issue, dealers know about it, well the 2 I have spoken to anyway and are happy to get the car in and get it sorted so I wouldnt worry about that.

Word on the street is that the lead time of orders (Mokka) is getting longer. I was told that anyone ordering now may not see the car until June/July, I think Vauxhall got caught out with demand!

You wouldnt regret buying the Mokka.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advice, should I take the plunge will be sure to let you know. I do wish everyone well with their purchases and hope that they turn out to be everything they want and expected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I waited 2 weeks from order to delivery for mine. My 5 1/2 year old Xsara Picasso was a far better car, not one problem with that. I now wish I had not wasted my money on this Mokka.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Are you serious? Mokka mick you hate it that much,we've had 2 xsara Picasso ,then a mazda 5 ,it was definitely better than the citroen

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mokka Mick said:
I waited 2 weeks from order to delivery for mine. My 5 1/2 year old Xsara Picasso was a far better car, not one problem with that. I now wish I had not wasted my money on this Mokka.

Hang on I thought today was March 1st not April 1st !!! You got to be joking, tell me more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts