Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my new black Mokka 1.7 CDTI SE a week ago and I love it. Like most people I'm still waiting for the mats to arrive at the garage but this is a small problem. I have done 500 very comfortable miles in the last week and having utilised the sat nav, cruise control and all the other toys, I can happily say they are all great.
I would of liked to be able to use one control to change the temperature throughout the vehicle instead of tweaking both dials. Again this is a small problem that I can live with.
The heated seats and steering wheel are perfect for the weather we are having, parking sensors work great, loving all the space and storage and the seats are very comfortable(despite many reviews saying otherwise).
The sat nav works well with clear screen and directions even though the voice is annoying but that will be changed soon.
The problems with the AFL and the 4x4 that others have talked about are yet to appear on mine but will keep my eye out.

I will upload photos soon.

Time to go and enjoy some more.

·
Registered
490 Posts
MokkaMatt said:
The sat nav works well with clear screen and directions even though the voice is annoying but that will be changed soon.
Welcome to the forums. Regarding the voice, are you getting rid of Andrea via the CRYPTNAV/cfg/voice/voice.sys file? or do you know of an easier route?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't looked at how to do it yet but she will be going!
I'll let you know if I find an easier way

·
Registered
490 Posts
From what i've gathered going through the voice.sys file is it. The current voice will be a letter highlighted in Red, you simply choose a different letter that's in Blue. I have no idea how you know what voice is what and it's apparently a 'need to know what you're doing' type scenario as it's relativeley easy to brick your SD Card.
Might have a dabble myself, see how difficult it is.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Love Stallion said:
From what i've gathered going through the voice.sys file is it. The current voice will be a letter highlighted in Red, you simply choose a different letter that's in Blue. I have no idea how you know what voice is what and it's apparently a 'need to know what you're doing' type scenario as it's relativeley easy to brick your SD Card.
Might have a dabble myself, see how difficult it is.

Of course this works a lot better when you include the picture where the person highlighted the letters in question - it wont be highlighted itself. Of course I now can't find the photo in question.
What I did find was this from an insignia forum....

Valtrig said:
<div itemprop="commentText" ="post entry- " style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb40, 40, 40; line-height: 1.6; font-size: 14px; word-wrap: break-word; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">
This file is a catalog of localised speech-packs, one for each language available with the map. The appropriate speech pack is selected automatically, according to the language settings in the nav unit. That default setting at the top (Andrea) is actually the German language pack (hence the 'g' you highlighted), probably because the nav unit is made by Bosch/Blaupunkt or because it's a German car. This default language is only used when the nav unit's language setting doesn't have a matching speech-pack in the map-data disk/card, thus, changing that default setting shouldn't make any difference to you at all because the unit will use the British English speech-pack anyway, which by the way is 'b' (Ellen).

However, I would strongly advise people not to mess about with the SD card's contents unless they know what they're doing and/or can accept the potential risk of invalidating their brand new Navi600/900 unit's warranty or even turning it into an expensive brick! I haven't had the chance to poke around a Navteq SD card yet, but I can assure you that, for the case of the CD500/DVD800, most files found on disk have headers and footers that contain file-length information and checksums that the nav unit's software uses to ensure that the files are intact. Also, since these headers and footers consist of binary data, simple text-editor programs tend to strip them out or turn them into garbled data, so if someone does decide to start hacking, a proper hex-editor is going to be essential.

Consequently, by modifying such a file, unless you also put the appropriate file-length and checksum information at the right places using a hex-editor, you're actually corrupting the file's contents and the unit's software will most probably reject it with unknown consequences, depending on the type of file that was modified.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts