Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a bit of a problem with the Navi 600 that I can't seem to figure out. Can anyone with the Navi 600 confirm whether they have the same issue? I have lots of music albums on a USB memory stick but the Navi 600 won't play any album in track order. It seems to have sorted the tracks into a random order. I've checked that Shuffle songs (RDM) is off. I've checked the USB stick in the CD 400 in my GTC and it works fine - tracks play in the correct order. I've managed to find a workaround by creating a playlist for the album and this plays the tracks in the correct order but surely I shouldn't need to do this. Is this a bug in the Navi 600 or am I missing something?

Folder view

Album view

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been using a stick and mine just picks up first album probably alphabetically and plays track in order OK. I have dropped the Artist folder and within holds the album folder with tracks in straight to the stick from my itunes libraryUSB stick is formatted on a Mac. As i go up using the steering wheel it goes up a track a time in order.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Check random shuffle again because you can set random shuffle for different albums etc so it might be you have turned it off for one album thinking you turned it off altogether but I'm sure that just turns random off in whatever folder you are currently in. I think....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've experimented a bit and I think I've figured out what is going on. When I first loaded up the memory stick I had more than the 1000 file limit and I wondered if that had something to do with it. So I deleted everything and only added a few albums to test it out. Everything looked OK now. Before filling the stick up again I thought I'd try something else. I deleted all of the even numbered tracks from an album then re-added them in a random order to see what the Navi 600 made of that. It looks like it will only play tracks in the order you added them to the folder.

This is not what I would expect and it's not the way the CD 400 handles it. I took the same stick and put it in my GTC and it managed to sort the tracks into track order.

When you select multiple files in Windows it sometimes copies them in a random order. You shouldn't need to worry about this as the mp3 player should recognise track numbers and play the tracks in that order.

Another niggle is the 'folder view'. On the CD 400 you can find what you want by drilling down through your folder structure e.g. select 'mp3' then select 'Coldplay' then select 'Mylo Xyloto'. The Navi 600 seems to just present you with a long list of bottom level folders which doesn't help you to find what you want.

The Navi 600 is an expensive piece of kit and yet, in many ways, it seems to be inferior to cheaper kit.

·
Registered
633 Posts
david1807 said:
I've experimented a bit and I think I've figured out what is going on. When I first loaded up the memory stick I had more than the 1000 file limit and I wondered if that had something to do with it.
The Navi 600 is an expensive piece of kit and yet, in many ways, it seems to be inferior to cheaper kit.
This fits with my findings, I 'over loaded' the USD flash drive with 1060 files, it was the last 60 files that I loaded to the stick it simply didn't show.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blum said:
david1807 said:
I've experimented a bit and I think I've figured out what is going on. When I first loaded up the memory stick I had more than the 1000 file limit and I wondered if that had something to do with it.
This fits with my findings, I 'over loaded' the USD flash drive with 1060 files, it was the last 60 files that I loaded to the stick it simply didn't show.
Agreed. It can't handle more than 1000 files but that's not the real problem. I've now got it loaded with 999 tracks and it's playing everything in the right order but I've had to do a bit of faffing around to get it to work.

Apparently it's a common problem with 'cheap' mp3 players that they just play tracks in the order they are in the USB stick's index. I've found some solutions to sort the index into the correct order here http://www.murraymoffatt.com/software-problem-0010.html but I think it's ridiculous that a piece of kit that cost nearly £1000 can't sort files into track order for you when much cheaper kit seems to be able to do it. Edited by: david1807

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Time to email VCS and Justin, start with a simple overview of the problem, then it in more detail and conclude with how you'd like to see it changed. If we're exceedingly lucky maybe we can get a software update.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you search the net you will find loads of MP3 players have this problem including other car manufacturers. However I agree that at the price of the 600 it should support sorting into track order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts