• Get a Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Up,

The 3 Girls want to have a pet name for the Mokka, we are currently discussing names in a Mokka Factor style competition.

Is this something people do or can I blame all my virtual MOC friends?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I always name my cars! :) - me and the kids have a bit of fun..

current car is an L200 raging bull (GRR Car)
previous cars:
Peugeot 407 (posh-totty car)
shogun - Kahuna-burger

:)

·
Registered
246 Posts

Sorry but I really do think only sad people would do such a thing.
No offence, just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wellfan said:

So how do you refer to your car when choosing which to take somewhere?
"let's take the white one?".

·
Registered
196 Posts
tetchmeister said:
wellfan said:

By the name of the car ie: Mokka, Insignia, Corsa etc. If there are two cars the same the use the owner of the cars name

·
Registered
163 Posts
tetchmeister said:
they probably refer to it as its proper technical name:

'lets take the GM gamma II GSV architecture based small subcompact SUV'

cant be having trivial names such as the mokka - what would the neighbours think!
Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
246 Posts
No, as both our cars are white. Just say lets take the Fiat or the Vauxhall.Maybe my post was a bit cheeky but the OP did ask.
I have owned dozens of cars and never felt the urge to name any of them. Also I do not know of anyone who has named their car.
Maybe it is something peculiar to those living south of the border. No racism accusations please, just thinking out loud. I have noticed that Fiat 500 owners do also like to name their cars, however, this car is mainly bought by females. So maybe also a female thing.

Edit. Wife has just reminded me that I didhave a nameformy last car, aFiat Grande Punto. It was referred to asthat Italian pile of s..te.

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
506 Posts
Slightly off topic, but the mention of the Fiat 500 made me smile in relation to this thread. I had the misfortune many years ago to have one of the original 500s as a hire car. Ever since and even when spotting one of the new ones, SWMBO and myself always refer to it as a "Grot-Box"

Back on topic - No we have never named our cars - might be because we can only afford one at a time so no danger of confusion

·
Registered
374 Posts
wellfan said:
No, as both our cars are white. Just say lets take the Fiat or the Vauxhall.Maybe my post was a bit cheeky but the OP did ask.
I have owned dozens of cars and never felt the urge to name any of them. Also I do not know of anyone who has named their car.
Maybe it is something peculiar to those living south of the border. No racism accusations please, just thinking out loud. I have noticed that Fiat 500 owners do also like to name their cars, however, this car is mainly bought by females. So maybe also a female thing.

Edit. Wife has just reminded me that I did have a name for my last car, a Fiat Grande Punto. It was referred to as that Italian pile of s..te.
So do you name your children?
Or is it just child 1, 2, etc.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
thing1, thing2, thing3, thing4

·
Registered
313 Posts
My Mokka is revel (normally make names based on numberplate)Old astra was Snot (SN02 numberplate and when I got it it sneezed lol)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My two Corsas were the the only cars that had names, my Nova never did and the Tigra's name never stuck. All my work cars and vans have generally been referred to as "the work car" or the name of the model.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I expect I'll name my Mokka but don't know what yet - not sure if its a boy or girl til I see it!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Chokkamokka said:
I expect I'll name my Mokka but don't know what yet - not sure if its a boy or girl til I see it!

I'm not going to ask....

·
Registered
185 Posts
No, I don't know how to tell either - I guess you just go with first impressions!

·
Registered
182 Posts
all Mokka's are girls, obviously>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ITS ADAM THAT'S THE BOY

1.7 cdti exclusiv Summit White OTR18/01/2013

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ah but they're sooooooooo worth waiting for..........

1 - 20 of 42 Posts