Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it sounds like the mystery of Misty Lake rumbles on. Some guys on here have been told Misty Lakes a gonner. The dealer i ordered with knew notjing about it being discontinued and happily took an order for it ???

I'll be gutted if it turns out to be a non starter, i know we've all got different tastes but it jumped out to me as the tastiest colour on the chart.

Silver is gonna be the fallback if i get the dreaded call from the dealer.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mines coming in little over 2 weeks in this colour. Can't wait

·
Registered
197 Posts
Had mine ordered since November so it better still be arriving in that colour otherwise I want some serious explanation and more than just free paint if I have to change colour.

Have just checked the vauxhall site and there is definately no Misty Lake. Maybe they will replace it with my Ice Blue name instead.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
and yet there are two whites! Stop it Vauxhall! Do more colour and less dreary greys and silvers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
DCB,IF they would suddenly (hmmmm?!
) do some more funky colours, would you cancel yours? Or hit yourself over the head
or what would you do?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Nothing, I'm going for red after all which with the Boracay blue was the most vibrant out there.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Email fired off to Vauxhall for a definitive on this so we'll see what they say .......

·
Registered
339 Posts
Its a pity (if true) that Vauxhall have decided to drop the 'misty lake' colour; I have had mine for little over a week now and love getting in and driving it. The colour (like macca) stood out for me the most and its surprising how diffetent it looks throughout the day (daylight/nightime cycle)

The V5 docs arrived from DVLA describe the colour as 'grey'

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well its official, straight from Vauxhall :-

" I can confirm that as of 15 January 2013, this colour has been discontinued."

Hmmm but we placed our order on the 18th ???? Not happy, having talked myself outta silver for misty lake, i'm gonna be back on silver after all.
hell !

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
with the build delay I think your might slip through the net if it hasn't chimed up as a problem

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you think the 15th of janorder problem is due to the removal of Misty Lake paint???

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dont want to put a downer for anyone with Misty Lake but it is a bit of a worry for a colour to be discontinued so soon if you ever need bodywork repairs surely?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Bodyshops generally mix their own paint, though the thought of hads and Kirby driving round with Mokka's that have one boracay blue paneldoes appeal to me.
Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
91 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Bodyshops generally mix their own paint, though the thought of hads and Kirby driving round with Mokka's that have one boracay blue paneldoes appeal to me.
Thats cruel

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well just as well i'm a safety concious driver then.....Besides anyone who tries coming anywhere near my Mokka's gonna get a thick lip

I don't mean to sound aggressive, I hadn't thought of the likelyhood of of being in this position before.....better lock it away in the garage I s'pose

·
Registered
767 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
In best newspaper style. A source has said that they had to withdraw the Misty Lake colour as when subjected to our wetclimate the paint was washing off.That'll teach them touse water based paint.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Audi do a very similar blue. Which is why I picked the colour as it looked so good on an Audi A4 estate. Thought it would work best with the blue interior too.

I know a couple of great body work sprayers as mentioned in another post but hopefully won't been needing them.

Better get down to halfords and buy up all there touch up paints for the stone chips on the bonnet. Better yet get a carbon fibre bonnet cover or a similar cover to the VW transporters that people keep modding.

I certainly won't be using boarcay blue panels, silver would probably make an easier cover up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
According to my dealer the Misty Lake was withdrawn because the supplier had gone bust! Not sure how true that is?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts