Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking delivery of my mokka 1.7cdti 4x4 exclusiv in boracay blue on Thursday 20th December. I've not had a test drive yet as I live 120 miles away from the closest dealership, but I'm unbelievably excited about it arriving!!! :) loving reading all the comments from people who are lucky enough to have theirs already!! Keep them coming!!! Also some pics might be nice???? Anna
Edited by: Annabear

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome Annabear! Wow you ordered it without trying it? You're very brave! Do you live somewhere remote then? Will it be a bit of a trek to pick it up? I'm sure it will be a nice Christmas present for you. As always with diesel please post your comments on the sound.

Yeah we do seem to be lacking in photos at the minute. A cynical person might to start to wonder.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I actually ordered an Antara, but it had a 6 month waiting list, I was disappointed at first, but it's a blessing in disguise. The Mokka suits me much better! I live on Skye, on the west coast of Scotland, so nearest dealership is Inverness, 120 miles away. I've never had a diesel before, but for fuel economy, I've gone for it!! I do a 100 mile round trip every day, so mpg is a big factor for me. I just can't wait to get it!!! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and I ordered it in September, so there was no demonstrators about then! But I'm pretty confident I've done the right thing! :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Go you :) Yeah you either strike lucky with antara or wait forever, the dealer we use has about 10 antara's in stock because they block order them due to massive delays in ordering.
Hope your made up when mokka lands :) Lots of pics.

Skye, must be about one part of scotland I havent visited lol.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Wow I wondered if you were in the North of Scotland (the vast distance of the dealership and the 4WD was the giveaway). It's random that the Mokka and the Antara have different lead times despite the fact they're both made in the same place. I was still waiting in September for the Mokka to appear on the leasing companies' websites when I might have been tempted to just go for it. The early reviews then put me off till I could at least drive one - my day down in Farnborough at Vauxhall's FastForward was a 300 mile round trip! What's currently supporting that big daily mileage?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live at the top of the island but work off the island so have a 55 mile drive to get to work! Yes I did wonder if they were both made in the same place! Bizarre!! But I'm totally confident that the Mokka will be a lot more popular than the Antara. What colours and spec etc have you both gone for?! I felt the exclusiv had enough gadgets and gizmos for me!! :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Annabear,
Great to hear you're getting your Mokka before christmas (i'm a little jealous as I get mine 11th Jan). I've also ordered the exclusive 4x4 as the winters can be quite harsh living in the Welsh valleys. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new car when you get it

Mokka 1.7CDTI exclusive 4x4 S/S Misty Lake - 11/01/2013.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've gone for the Red SE as while I liked the Borcay Blue it's too close to our Tigra in colour and the SE because I like the ol' bum burners and it also has an added benefit of hand burners as well - which would have really come in handy today as my steering wheel was ice cold to the touch.
Kirby - I thought the sun always shined in the valleys?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've gone for SE in borocay blue 1.7 4x4 (mainly because I think if I ever got stuck in the snow in a 2wd version i would look like a right spanner having a 4x4 looking car that got stuck lol) with nav and rear cam (I like gadgets) But figured if I wanted nagging like the front camera would do i'd just stick mum in the car (worst passenger ever!) lol.

DietCoke, yeah the steering wheel warmer is something im apprehensive about, as from my swift test drive I noticed it just goes on when drivers seat is on, now I like bum warmers but unsure on steeringwheel, be a bit bummed if I have to have both on if having one or t'other.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Reply to Andy_H
Heated seats are switched independently of one another and heated steering wheel is completely independent to seats. Both of which are really great on a cold morning.
Regards seamaster

·
Registered
313 Posts
I know the seats are independent to eachother but when I stuck the drivers seat on the steering wheel went on?
I know in a corsa d hire car dad had the steering wheel n seat where seperate to a degree?

Cheers though fills me with a bit more confidence of not having tingly palms when not wanting them :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Seamaster has got his Mokka. I believe the steering wheel button is in the middle of the drivers seat heater so easy to activate by accident?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Andy, you had me thinking about that one, so I have just been out to the car to check. All are independently switched. i.e. steering wheel is not linked to heated seats.
Best regards
seamaster

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi all,just joined the forum 2nite,i ordered a mokka back in august,still waiting!!!!.Went for 4x4 1.7 exclusiv,got a plate for it M50 KKA,my wife went into meltdown,when i told her i had bought it,she said it was "dorkish",+ wouldnt drive it with that as a number plate,any views on the plate?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum Alan. There's always the Top Gear view on personalised number plates.....I'm sure the route to a successfull marriage is that there's only one view that matters and well it isn't yours.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi alan,
nice touch there with the number plate. Are you gonna put your names in the front windscreen and add some neon lights too? (just kidding)

dietcokebloke - as for the sun shining in the valleys, we've had snow this morning hence the need for a 4x4, it can't come quick enough

Mokka 1.7CDTi Exclusive 4x4 S/S misty lake - 11/01/2013 (hurry up please).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts