·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mokka 1.6 Exclusive with Winter pack

Today i have had to trek out in the snow

but the good news is she is very good at snow driving.. Traction
control doesnt really help but overall the 1.6 doesnt plant to much
power down quickly and she pulls off well.

I found the Hill decent a great feature it works wonders in the snow down a steep hill helped greatly

But i must rattle on again about the heated seats and steering wheel OMG! much awesomeness....

Never
had climate control before and this is also a fantastic feature leave
it on auto and it just works no messing about trying to get it right it
just is right everytime...

As someone else has posted a picture
of the dash at night else where i have to mention this it is a great
feel at night in the cab a warm glow and helps in weather like this.

The blue brown interior didn't think i would like it but i have grown to love it... Its an amazing colour and grows on you fast.

Front
and rear parking sensors hard to get used to being lazy lol, it uses a
different tone for front or rear and i get confused easy so be careful
people.. but they work well.

DAB Radio now with new antenna also
(Micro one there is a picture in the gallery i posted) it works very
very well infact i have not used anything else DAB all the way,

Stereo
itself coming from a pro stereo installer years ago i have to give it a
8 out of 10 it sounds really really good and play with the sound
setting and the bass is great, It is a very very good sound infact i
would go as to say about 10 years ago you would have paid over £2k for
something this good... But to get it to sound good DAB is a must as
using FM is a big drop in quality..

Streaming music via Bluetooh
very easy and sounds great i use Spotify and i can change tracks using
steering wheel controls via bluetooth on my Android Galaxy S2

Phone
calls seems very quite i have to turn volume up max on phone and quite
high on Stereo but its very clear. Phone book seems slow to use but
works, Miss the voice control as with out the Nav600 you dont get voice
control...

The Headlight assits "Main Beam" works really well infact again beyond me how this works but it does and i like it..

240v socket wont run wife hairdryer

only joking don't try it you will break it, But it runs the kids Tablet
chargers and as there is only one socket i used a extention lead and it
works well kids are happy

Remote
window open by holding down unlock button or remote window close
holding lock button down works well. Press lock button one more time
when you lock activates deadlocks.

silly amounts of storage space which i like to keep empty lmao... dont like rattles.

Getting
about 30-31 mpg around town no long journeys yet but seems ok on fuel,
only have 105miles on clock so a long way to go, 1.6 engine is smooth
and quite very quite driven steady which i like..

Thats about it
really for now and i am pleased to say after coming from a 165bhp Abarth
mean road eating tarmac destroying machine i am very happy with what we
have and i thought i wouldnt be... I miss the Abarth 500 but it was not
a family car this is a true family car.

Craig

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the fact that DAB works well, I like Absolute 80s and 90s. Also that the sound is decent, cos my g/friend loves listening to MUSE :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
My thoughts on my first few days of ownership

Have done 180 mile and have checked the mpg readout against filling up method
Trip computer says 57mpg
Fill up works out at 61mpg so pretty accurate I must say and really pleased with that.

The driving position is absolutely spot on and the leather seats oh so comfy. I do wish there was a bit more support under the thigh but this may improve as the seat softens with use

The handling is for me terrific as I don't drive mad nowadays, I always feel its well planted on the road. Been round some twisty roads even in the snow and it just oozes confidence. If I had to gripe about something I feel the ride is a little on the floaty side which is more apparent when you have the AFL system as you can see light beam bouncing around. A very small gripe tho.

Performance was a surprise for me as I didn't think it would be so nippy. Feels faster than figures suggest. However I do feel the engine is quite vocal around town when pulling away etc but settles down when cruising or turning the radio up.
I've driven diesels for last 15 years and its not the worst but not the best. It's something you get used to.

Gadget wise I think the sat nav is spot on and the information that appears on the screen, crisp and clear and easy to use. The stereo I would give 7/10 for sound quality. I think the sound at times can seem quite distant as if the speakers are to low. But my biggest gripe is the USB/iPod screen. Why can't you go back to the album list once you select a track from a particular album..instead you have to press outer ring and choose folder and scroll all the way thru again.
Also USB doesn't support more than 1000 tracks but iPod connection does. I bought a 32 gb USB but can only part fill it as it won't recognise all the albums. I connected a 160GB iPod classic and it listed everything but scrolling thru a list that big is far too distracting. Why can't you press a button to skip by alphabetical increments.
Not the end of the world but could be improved.

My biggest disappointment I suppose is the collision alert which I have failed to get to activate to try out. I've driven fast towards cars and the green symbol lights up but at no point, and I mean I've got very close, does it come up with collision screen or audible warning.
The lane departure works fine,however the chime can't be heard over the radio, and the sign recognition works fine. I really like the screen behind the steering wheel it's really easy to use and is very useful. Love it.
The dash looks smart and oozes quality in my opinion, and I have yet to experience any rattles.

My best feature has to be the AFL system. Just love driving at night now. I love the little assistant lights that come on when turning wheel, I love high beam assist and think everything works pretty spot on.

Overal I'm very very happy with my Mokka and have no regrets buying it. I love getting into it every time.

Hope it continues

·
Registered
167 Posts
Picked up my Mokka this afternoon after the snow settled! OMG the car is amazing.... Both reviews above are so accurate.

The dashboard is really nice especially at night, only done 70 miles today mixture of motorway and town, cant stop finding excuses to go for a drive.
It copes well with the snow.The hill start kicked in so quick when I rolled back trying to get up a drive way.

The heated seats and steering wheel are amazing.
I've got a diesel and you couldn't hear it at all, on the motorway it feels like your gliding down the road.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice reviews guys, how about some nice snow filled backdrops in the photo gallery

·
Registered
55 Posts
Excellent reviews guys
made me look forward to when I get mine even more

·
Registered
93 Posts
Excellent news on the DAB and sound system. I feel much happier now :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi all,
Interesting user reviews, I must say overall I am very pleased with my Mokka and have to agree with a lot of what has already been posted about it including the awesome DAB radio system.
However, some poiints raised by wingy999 are of minor concern;
firstly the ride for example, 'feels floaty' - i totally agree with this as i have to manouvere over a number of speed ramps to work and the floatiness is very noticeable.
secondly 'the engine sounds quite vocal around town' - yes the engine is noticeably vocal, but i don't mind this as it produces a reassuring 'growl' when you put your foot down (i would say its noisier than my previous Zafira) i guess i am used to this as my previous two Zafira's were diesels.

Please bare these points in mind.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi kirby
These comments were just honest observations and personal
Opinions, but as I commented you get used to these minor points.
The many many positives outweigh the small amount of negatives by a country mile
hence why I love my mokka.

·
Registered
110 Posts
wingy999 said:
My thoughts on my first few days of ownership

Have done 180 mile and have checked the mpg readout against filling up method
Trip computer says 57mpg
Fill up works out at 61mpg so pretty accurate I must say and really pleased with that.

The driving position is absolutely spot on and the leather seats oh so comfy. I do wish there was a bit more support under the thigh but this may improve as the seat softens with use

The handling is for me terrific as I don't drive mad nowadays, I always feel its well planted on the road. Been round some twisty roads even in the snow and it just oozes confidence. If I had to gripe about something I feel the ride is a little on the floaty side which is more apparent when you have the AFL system as you can see light beam bouncing around. A very small gripe tho.

Performance was a surprise for me as I didn't think it would be so nippy. Feels faster than figures suggest. However I do feel the engine is quite vocal around town when pulling away etc but settles down when cruising or turning the radio up.
I've driven diesels for last 15 years and its not the worst but not the best. It's something you get used to.

Gadget wise I think the sat nav is spot on and the information that appears on the screen, crisp and clear and easy to use. The stereo I would give 7/10 for sound quality. I think the sound at times can seem quite distant as if the speakers are to low. But my biggest gripe is the USB/iPod screen. Why can't you go back to the album list once you select a track from a particular album..instead you have to press outer ring and choose folder and scroll all the way thru again.
Also USB doesn't support more than 1000 tracks but iPod connection does. I bought a 32 gb USB but can only part fill it as it won't recognise all the albums. I connected a 160GB iPod classic and it listed everything but scrolling thru a list that big is far too distracting. Why can't you press a button to skip by alphabetical increments.
Not the end of the world but could be improved.

My biggest disappointment I suppose is the collision alert which I have failed to get to activate to try out. I've driven fast towards cars and the green symbol lights up but at no point, and I mean I've got very close, does it come up with collision screen or audible warning.
The lane departure works fine,however the chime can't be heard over the radio, and the sign recognition works fine. I really like the screen behind the steering wheel it's really easy to use and is very useful. Love it.
The dash looks smart and oozes quality in my opinion, and I have yet to experience any rattles.

My best feature has to be the AFL system. Just love driving at night now. I love the little assistant lights that come on when turning wheel, I love high beam assist and think everything works pretty spot on.

Overal I'm very very happy with my Mokka and have no regrets buying it. I love getting into it every time.

Hope it continues

hi nice to read all your reviews. just wandering have you figure out the traffic sign assist feature? i dont know how to make it work i have a 1.6 mokka se with nav 600.
cheers

·
Registered
247 Posts
You need the forward camera for the sign recognition

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No camera needed for the traffic sign to work... As i found out the other day...

I was driving slowly down a lane when all of a sudden i here "GIVE WAY, GIVE WAY, GIVE WAY" Then it swore "For F**K SAKE STOP" So mine works well...

Then i realised it was the wife...

·
Registered
169 Posts
WIBBLA

I have'nt got a camera in my Mokka, but I would'nt mind getting one just like yours.
Where can I find one. Are they on Ebay? Also how much did it cost?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
seamaster said:
WIBBLA

I have'nt got a camera in my Mokka, but I would'nt mind getting one just like yours.
Not on Ebay... But you can get a cheap wife from Thailand... proberbly not the same effect as some of there english isnt to good... Cost over a period of life you will be better off buying the Mokka's Camera i think lol..

·
Registered
110 Posts
WIBBLA said:
seamaster said:
WIBBLA

Not on Ebay... But you can get a cheap wife from Thailand... proberbly not the same effect as some of there english isnt to good... Cost over a period of life you will be better off buying the Mokka's Camera i think lol..
wahahaha this made my day

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just got introduced to my ""Blue Belle""� and I am in love!!!
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

She came with 73 miles on her clock and other than ""glowing""� (as a lady doesn't sweat!!) she was a vision of loveliness!!!!!!!!

We went for our first drive ""to seal the bond""� (Avatar reference if you missed it
) and she didn't disappoint!!

I didn't feel any ""floatyness""� but rather a luxurious wafting as we journeyed over the numerous speed bumps and potholes and even took a chance driving down a road that could have been the venue for Dancing On Ice!!! She coped majestically!!! Sure footed and at no point did I feel her let go of the ground!! So much for trying to sweep her off her feet!!!

As soon as I was on a wet only road and had the space I thought I would see what she could do and I was not disappointed!!! Up went the petticoat and off we sped at a surprising number of knots!!! Really looking forward to getting her on the 12 mile motorway stretch home!!!

The Bluetooth was synced and up and running in seconds and the music streamed from my iPhone 5 with crystal clarity which was extremely impressive!!!

The other controls for the radio etc""¦ seemed well organised, logical and in any easy to use format""¦to me anyway. Quite like a phone with the home style button in the middle and a ""Back""� button on the side. It was also pretty obvious what and when you needed to use the main wheel around the big navigation button for. All the knobs any buttons look the business with the chrome borders and good quality materials that have been used and they feel really solid and responsive to the touch when twisted, pushed, pulled or flicked.

The ride height is such a refreshing change from being in my Astra Twintop and I look forward to getting the kids in the back and testing out the leg room they have so they don't kick me in the back all the BLOODY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
Calm down Glassy!!! Breath!!!!! Phewwwwww""¦""¦""¦.

The Start/Stop kicked in a few times and almost didn't notice it which I am very pleased about as I thought it would be an annoyance but I hope it is something that just happens to suit my driving style""¦ time will tell""¦.

The interior styling for me is exactly what I like palette-wise (although leather would have been nice but not possible ""“ Company Car) Black, grey and chrome and although I am used to leather in my current car sitting on the Jet Line fabric was warmer and very comfortable. The only thing that bothered mea bit is the position of the arm rest as it feels to close, but then again if I lost a couple of stones it probably would be just right!!!!

I managed to get her into the garage although as I pre-empted I did have to remove the aerial to do so, so I will be getting a shorter replacement just not sure if chrome or black""¦?

As we drew into the garage and the outside light grew dimmer her dash came to life, as I had been told it would (and saw a pic) and it truly looked stunning!!! It should look even better when I drive home in the dark!!!

I'm also looking forward to getting to grips with the Cruise Control which my wife's Honda Civic has and I really like and need for my motorway driving""¦ particularly the speed limiter!!!

The mpg will be kept a close eye on as I am hoping & expecting to get twice the distance I was, which should then be about 56 to 60 mpg which I think should be possible on a 40 mile round trip a day with 25 of them being on the motorway.

All-in-all so far (and its extremely early days!!!) I am as happy as""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts