Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
No additional drilling required! Still swithering on dealer fit or personal fit? Edited by: Barlah

·
Registered
47 Posts
No drilling??
I fitted mine, the instructions require 1 hole drilled for each of the mud flaps.
Only drilling into plastic trim under the car.
Front ones can be fitted by turning wheels hard right or left (depending on which side your fitting)

Rear fitting needs the wheels taking off. And you'll need a rivit tool for the offside rear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dealer fit then you say. At £90 well worth it rather than me attempting it.I was only going by the website blurb on the above link.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its not that difficult. Depends if your happyusing a drill on a new car

·
Registered
90 Posts
They don't look too obtrusive from the stock photos. Well worth it to minimise the salt spray onto the car. Next winter for me to worry about that though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Will try to take pics later today, upload this eveningYou'll have to excuse the filthy car lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
The rears mud flaps are really worth it, they've cut down the crap being sprayed up onto the tailgate.Fronts have made a difference too, worth the money

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think those pictures have made my mind up - I'll get the mud flaps, Will also be going for the genuine ones rather than the cheaper E-Bay versions which don't look as if they're a good fit.

Question (perhaps only half serious), but if I fit them myself does this count as a non approved modification and threaten the warranty while if the dealer fits them I'm OK? I'm sure I saw somewhere that fitting means drilling metal (rust?) as well as plastic - but maybe I'm having another senior moment

·
Registered
47 Posts
The only driling is into the plastic trim of the front wheel arch.Rears require a drill to fix to the bumper.

As they're genuine vauxhall parts, I can't see why the warranty would be at risk.
If they can't be fitted by the owner, why provide fitting instructions with them?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Adikus said:
If they can't be fitted by the owner, why provide fitting instructions with them?
'Cos the "technician" needs to know how to fit them as well

1 - 20 of 23 Posts