Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
MokkTheWeek

My comment at post 16 "Nice to know I'm not on your wish list, thanks." was in reference to your post " One reason might be if you are in intensive care on a ventilator!" which you replied at post 15 "It's not on my wish list," Where you now get this twisted recent reply "You are definitely not on my wish list, I do not desire you!" will be dealt with the contempt it deserves. :censored:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
MokkTheWeek

My comment at post 16 "Nice to know I'm not on your wish list, thanks." was in reference to your post " One reason might be if you are in intensive care on a ventilator!" which you replied at post 15 "It's not on my wish list," Where you now get this twisted recent reply "You are definitely not on my wish list, I do not desire you!" will be dealt with the contempt it deserves. :censored:
I clearly said, wanting you in intensive care on a ventilator, was not on my wish list, you twisted it saying you are glad YOU are not on my wish list rather than IT, I simply clarified that you were never on my wish list.
And to further clarify, going to get your car serviced is not one of the four reasons you are allowed to travel now, unless you are a key worker.

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Well Volvo has stepped up with confirmation. Maybe now an email to Vauxhall Customer Service is required?

Thank you for your email.
We are very sorry to hear of this. We can confirm that if you are not able to get your vehicle serviced or MOT'd due to COVID-19 we can confirm that your warranty on your vehicle will not be invalidated.

Thank you for contacting Volvo customer relations.

Best regards,

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
As if by magic it appears.

A message from Stephen Norman – Managing Director Vauxhall Motors Ltd

Will my Warranty/Lifetime Warranty be affected if I do not get my service / repair done?

We fully understand that the current restrictions may mean that your scheduled service cannot be performed at the time or mileage required so the Service Schedule will be extended by up to 3 months / 1800 miles. As long as you meet this extended service schedule your warranty will not be affected.

Customers whose vehicles are approaching the end of the manufacturer’s warranty should be reassured that if they experience a defect once the warranty has expired, that would have been detected if the maintenance was performed at the normal time, that these repairs will be accepted by Vauxhall as covered by Warranty.

It is also worth mentioning that our parts warehouses continue to remain open and operational to ensure the supply of parts to support your operations and those of a critical public service and to assist the continued mobility of key workers.

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
MOT Extension could be cancelled at any time soon. Click Here

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It's not a question of playing on it, the MOT currently gets extended when its due without having to do anything, and now garages are starting to re-open they are bound to want the extension ended, a lot of their revenue depends on it, they are bound to justify their plea on safety grounds.

·
Registered
468 Posts
So if you can get it mot .there is no reason not to .i heard some took took there car it failed .but told the tester it’s alright leave it I have 6 months grace .the car had faults that needed doing desperately.the test could do nothing about it .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Surely it must've been a pre mot inspection. Once an mot test starts and the vehicle's details are entered onto the terminal it can only pass or fail, if there was a power loss or other reason for the test not to continue then it would still be logged a fail and a retest needed.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I believe it went for service and mot .was told it needed some work for it to pass its mot which was due .but because they could not afford the work told the garage not to mot .ihink one of the parts was a engine mount.it was unsafe

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The latest MOT overrides all others, once the tester has logged it onto the system it will pass or fail, if it failed that will be the car's current status. Even if the MOT was not started the garage should not have let a car with a dangerous fault be driven from the premises

·
Registered
52 Posts
Garages can't prevent owners from driving their cars away, as confirmed by Neil Barlow, the DVSA's MOT service manager. All they can do is to log the fault on the system, record the vehicle as having failed the MOT and tell the owner about it but can’t stop the owner driving it away.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
If the vehicle fails on a DANGEROUS fault cannot be driven away -- those who do can be fined £2500 get three points on their licence charged with driving a defective vehicle and if it fails on a MAJOR fault it can be driven away to be repaired as long as the current m.o.t is still current

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
I would imagine a vehicle on an MOT extension involved in an accident would receive a more active investigation from their insurance company and the police if they were involved.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The £2,500 fine is the maximum for driving a dangerous vehicle whether it has a current mot or not, you could receive this even if you were unaware of any faults on the way to the testing station.

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Almost 750 thousand MOT's achieved in April. Click Here

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
No prob getting a M.O.T there's plenty of garages open so no need to defer -- your allowed to travel to Durham to get a MOT if you fancy a ride out ☺

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts