Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anybody say what will happen when service and MOT comes up and all garages are closed. will we be able to use our cars without an mot until the garages open and will the insurance still be valid

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi can anybody say what will happen when service and MOT comes up and all garages are closed. will we be able to use our cars without an mot until the garages open and will the insurance still be valid
Hi that's a good question just been in to my garage .mot not due to end of April tax on 1st may .they told me there closing to nite for possible 3 weeks .I hope not could be stuffed

·
Registered
89 Posts
MOT stations are allowed to open under goverment guidlines as it is a legal requirement

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just been watching a TV program about these rules, and government are aware and considering relaxing the need for an MOT for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is all I’ve found on the matter at the mo. I did try to ring the DVSA earlier but they’ve asked for all queries to be in email form so I’ve sent one off. Once/if I get a response I’ll post and let you know. But for now:

Coronavirus: Can my car still get an MOT? And other questions Can my car still get an MOT? And other questions

·
Super Moderator
9,680 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Plenty of M.OT. stations will be open so why delay the test, if you don't need to -- many old bangers will delay there owners parting with the dosh

·
Super Moderator
9,680 Posts
Mine is due 5 April, but my normal procedure is the week before so why change now. o_O

·
Super Moderator
9,680 Posts
Thank you for those few kind words!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It's not on my wish list, and not intentionally unkind, but the world is more precarious right now than usual.

·
Super Moderator
9,680 Posts
Within the warranty period, what will members do when the service light appears and oil quality hits zero, ignore it? Or when a major problem occurs, tell the manufacturer I was unable to attend to the service schedule because the world is in a precarious state. :rolleyes:
PS. Nice to know I'm not on your wish list, thanks.

Reactions: busboy

·
Super Moderator
9,680 Posts
That's ok for the knowledgeable diy, but for most members whose vehicles are under warranty it's a dealership visit in these precarious times.:cautious:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Within the warranty period, what will members do when the service light appears and oil quality hits zero, ignore it? Or when a major problem occurs, tell the manufacturer I was unable to attend to the service schedule because the world is in a precarious state. :rolleyes:
PS. Nice to know I'm not on your wish list, thanks.
Heard about no changes from the car industry, But if your dealer has closed due to coronavirus how would they expect you to get it serviced? I had a recent email about our heating boiler warranty cover, boilers not serviced during the lockdown will remain covered, You are definitely not on my wish list, I do not desire you! But I also don't desire any harm should befall you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Had email from Perry's saying there closing tomorrow (Friday) -- all showrooms to be closed and depending on branch limited repairs but if you a NHS worker or other indespensible worker the will try and see to your motor --- what next

1 - 20 of 41 Posts