Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site by chance so after a night of lurking I thought I'd finally say hello.

I ordered my 1.7 CDTI Tech Line a fortnight back after a test drive of a 1.6 petrol at the Fast Forward event in Farnborough. The dealer gave me a 10-12 week delivery time and circled that I would prefer a 62 plate.

I do quite a long commute so a diesel was the best option. The 1.4 petrol Astra I currently have just isn't doing the business with a full load of family-related stuff. Don't get me wrong it's a great motor, but we need more space and a bigger engine. And I've bought the integrated bike carrier on the Mokka.

By the sounds of it, February seems the most likely delivery time. I've just had my email to say the order is in and so just waiting for the next barrage of marketing to arrive.

Good to see the Mokka received 5 stars on the NCAP testing, that's good news.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome squinny, i've also chosen the 1.7CDTI Mokka (exclusive) as I am currently driving a 1.9 Zafira sri. Although the Zafira has plenty of family room with added poke to the engine, I thought it was about time to buy an SUV 4x4 and the Mokka seems to fit the bill petfectly.
Its also satisfying to know the Mokka recieved a very high standard with NCAP rating too. My Mokka is due week commencing 11th Jan

Mokka 1.7CDTI 4x4 S/S in Misty Lake - 11/01/2013.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome Squinny,
i liked the thought of getting a Mokka for those snowboarding trips into the south of france but also big enough to put a dog in the boot for the trips to a vet and buggy when a sprog or two turns up. LOL

·
Registered
494 Posts
Morning guys. Nice to see that the Tracker Website is working, as I'm on day 18 since I ordered my Mokka and it is still not showing up.
I spoke to the dealer on Friday and he said that the transporter driver who dropped off 8 Mokka's at the Pentagon Oldham branch told him that there were 'thousands' of them in the import compound where he collected his from.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Hi Squinny, welcome to the club
,Lots seem to be 'upgrading' from other Vauxhalls which must be a positive sign for the brand and the dealerships.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm going from a Clio to a Mokka to add to the Corsa we bought last year. That's an even better sign Dan as it means that we were impressed enough with the Corsa that we are going totally over to the brand. 5 years ago I wouldn't have seen myself in a Vauxhall, now we will own 2.
I think the change in the design team at the top has made a huge difference to Vauxhall. That's why they have moved Mark Adam to GM in the states to head up the SUV design team, to continue the work his team did at Opel.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dan said:
Hi Squinny, welcome to the club 
,Lots seem to be 'upgrading' from other Vauxhalls which must be a positive sign for the brand and the dealerships.
I'm going from Astra Twintop to Mokka. On my second twintop at moment and absolutely love it (apart from the dreaded creaking noises when roof is closed) but need something more practical and economical.

The service I received from the dealer in the past and the good deal they offered me was too tempting to ignore. Heard about the mokka on the Monday, test drive on the Saturday followed quickly by an order. Shame delivery won't be as quick.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Like Dan says,
"lots seem to be upgrading from other Vauxhalls;

I am currently on my second Zafira in (approx) 7 years. The first was a Y-reg elegence and was subject to the dreaded loss of power when driving down motorways (not good). However I decided on a second, 55-reg, SRi model which was a big improvement reliability wise with a little added poke to the engine.
I decided its now time to upgrade and was looking for a 4x4 and was considering a Ford Kuga or Nissan Qashqai, when I came across details on the web for Vauxhall's new Mokka; it caught my eye straight away with its styling and as its a new model, not every man and his dog has one.(not yet anyway). So I visited my local dealer with a brochure in Oct and came out having ordered one to be delivered in Jan.
I'm really looking forward to its delivery and have promised to take the family on a jolly once we get it home.

Mokka 1.7CDTi Exclusive 4x4 S/S in misty lake - 11/01/2013.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts