1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again

Reading all these worryingstoriesabout AWD , AFL , Power Steering , ECU etc

Should Iconcisercancelling my order?

My 58 Corsa is 100% reliable thats why I went back to Vauxhall !

What are your thoughts please?

·
Registered
374 Posts
30000 Mokkas globally and a hand full of problems, you choose but I bet if you search around the same model of Corsa will have complaints from someone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think tetchmeister has hit the nail on the head. Each to their own, but frankly as I have already said on one of the chat rooms on here, I love my mokka. Have not had a problem yet... Used it in 4 wheel drive as I live in the countryside and had it on the motorway at the weekend and I cannot find fault. Coping with city and country so far so good. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Disagree concerning the problems being isolated instances. OK we may be up to 80K orders but this isn't vehicles delivered. Maybe in the thousands but not as yet tens of thousands. Of the delivered ones, maybe a third are SEs or others with AFLs ordered as extras. The forum currently has 342 members so about 100 could be AFL owners, or would be owners. Probably only about (say) 20 post regularly, of whom I would guess ('cos I can't be bothered to check all the posts!) the majority have the problem.

Mitigating against this of course is the fact that the vast majority of car owners don't join related forums. Usually just the enthusiasts of even more likely those that have a problem and are looking for a solution so the numbers get skewed.

Anyway all I'm saying is I think this is a near universal problem with AFL deliveries to date, and I think the Vauxhall response had been appalling

Edited to add - How many of the AFL Mokka owners here have yet to
drive in the dark and have therefore no idea if they have the problem
or not

Edited by: theforestdweller

·
Registered
374 Posts
theforestdweller said:
Disagree concerning the problems being isolated instances. OK we may be up to 80K orders but this isn't vehicles delivered. Maybe in the thousands but not as yet tens of thousands. Of the delivered ones, maybe a third are SEs or others with AFLs ordered as extras. The forum currently has 342 members so about 100 could be AFL owners, or would be owners. Probably only about (say) 20 post regularly, of whom I would guess ('cos I can't be bothered to check all the posts!) the majority have the problem.

Mitigating against this of course is the fact that the vast majority of car owners don't join related forums. Usually just the enthusiasts of even more likely those that have a problem and are looking for a solution so the numbers get skewed.

Anyway all I'm saying is I think this is a near  universal problem with AFL deliveries to date, and I think the Vauxhall response had been appalling

Edited to add - How many of the AFL Mokka owners here have yet to
drive in the dark and have therefore no idea if they have the problem
or not
As I say, only a handful of problems.
A lot of people worrying about the light problem don't have the car yet.
It is not un-fixable, just a pain to live with if you are unlucky enough to have to live with it.

Of the 2 people on this thread with AFL, only 50% have reported the issue, so going from your headline numbers you are down to less than 20% of cars may have the issue. 1 in 5 isn't bad odds.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Every new model comes with teething problems, however this is tended to be offset by the fact initial release models get more toys, before the penny pinchers come along and slowly remove them model year after model year.
Yes the AFL issue and the AWD Failures are a concern to myself, as I face both when I pick mine up and yes i'll be mightly pissed off if my new car spends more than a day a year in the garage (which would be more time than my current 11 year old car does on average). But we will just have to see how it pans out, atleast it all seems software or equally trivial to sort unlike the failures of the good old z19dth and m32 combination found in the astra H.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes but you are tending to forget.......LIFETIME WARRANTY.

What other manufacturer is giving you that. Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow thanks for all the replies, not sure now what to thinkreally, if we are to beguineapig's to Vauxhalls technology issues should we not get incentives rather than pay loads of hard earned cash!

I work 16miles from home and need reliability, I sold my Suzuki GV2000 which never even needed a bulb replacing in five years of ownership , straight through every MOT withemissionsof 0.00 OK I swapped tyres on this one it was a 'Y'2000 model with all technology working 100% never dream't I would have to use the Corsa through thissnowyweather whilst my Mokka sits in Korean docks awaiting transfer,

However the Mokka ticked every practical box going for me, I do like the style, I have the 3 door Corsa so zero rear visibility issomethingI am used to now

thanks again, I will keep reading the good stuff...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good post

I think there are more problems to come our power steering failure is still ongoing have not seen the car for over a week now and unless vauxhall find another way of sourcing the part it could be the middle of march!
There has been at least one other instance of power steering failure but of more concern is that there seems to be a lack of available parts for the car if you need something it is going to take 10 days from korea and another 7-10 days from germany

NOT GOOD ENOUGH VAUXHALL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts