Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im thinking of getting a new mokka 1.6 tech line on Monday is thare any think I should look out for. looks good I only do 8.0000 miles a year thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi kfcboy. I've had the 1.6 petrol Exclusive now for 2 weeks & loving it.So I say go for it!! Will it be a 'stock' car from you dealer so that you'll have it in a few days or has it got to be ordered! If it's the latter it'll arrive with christmas wrapping paper on it!

·
Registered
817 Posts
All the reviewscare saying get the 1.4T.

But like all reviews i take withna pinch of salt.

Listen to those who have them already.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't deal with Drive (Central) in Bristol !

·
Registered
600 Posts
Did test drive the 1.6 and found it very civilised , ideal for someone that is doing circa 8000 miles pa . There might well be a case for the 1.4turbo now it is available in 2wd , but , it is £720 more . Sage advice is to test both .

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ultimately, engine choice will be dictated by a number of factors. The size of your pockets, insurance, annual mileage travelled, driving trend i.e. lots of short trips or long trips, driving style i.e. like to drive at pace or enjoying a sedentry cruise. Personally, i've opted for the 1.6 as i want my 22 year old son to be able to drive it. I only do 6000 miles a year and its all short trips. That trend in a 1.5 diesel qashqai resulted in that car being coked up and permanently stinking. Plus having gone through the pacey phase in my life running RS Turbo's, GTE's etc. I now tend to enjoy a more relaxed drive (i think getting older makes you more switched on to your own mortality and all that).

I'm knocking about in an 05 1.6 C-Max just now and thats fine for my needs so the 1.6 Mokka won't be an issue for me.

Good luck with your choice bud.

Mac

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why not deal with drive Bristol I no a few people who have and thay have not said anything

·
Registered
156 Posts
kfcboy said:
why not deal with drive Bristol I no a few people who have and thay have not said anything
Booked appointment for test drive and to see vehicle they had, turned up and they somehow knew nothing about appointment.
The Mokka was not there as body shop manager had taken it home & they would not call him to bring it back in for us.
They were very pushy to take a deposit from us for the vehicle that was not there to view or test drive. When I refused to paying a deposit on a vehicle that we had not seen they offered a 'special rate for finance' ( worked back to 9.7 so not very special) as unable to do 0% on it due to miles on the clock to try and keep us. We stuck by our guns and walked saying we would think about it and let them know if we were still interested. Within an hour of being home the manager phoned to say someone else was looking at it and we may miss out.
Anyway gave them a call a few days later and it was still available so we booked another appointment for the Saturday to see and test drive and if both my wife and I were happy would pay deposit and pay balance by cash upon collection as soon as the paperwork had been sorted. We had a phone call on the Friday afternoon advising us not to bother coming in as they had just sold it!!

Oh and to add insult they offered next to nothing on our part ex compared to other dealers.

Edited by: 1dera

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi kfcboy, i have a 1.6 exclusive and i love it, my average journey per day its about 20miles so saw no reason to pay that much more for a diesel. It's pretty responsive and acceleration isnt as bad as reviews make it out to be.
Fuel consumption is okish, i get about 300 miles per tank. I did however ask the dealer to find me one with heated seats as a little luxury.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Love my 1.4t AWD..I only do about 6000 mile py.However the drive to work is on country roads and a bit hilly.In winter it can be treacherous..hence the 4*4.
I picked up in early March and am still getting used to all the auto functions and entertainment controls...
Only 4 years 10 months before its paid for..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts