Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mokka is a 63 reg. recently I have noticed that if I travel for more then 10 miles, stop the car and try to start it again within five minuets then the car won’t always start. The engine tries to turn over but can’t quite start. I have to just wait. I have taken it to the garage and it’s been through the diagnostics test and been started from a hot and cold start. I was assured that it was a sensory issue in the exhaust and the issue is fixed, both sensors replaced. However, after going on a 20 mile journey the same thing has happened. It started quicker but obviously the sensory replacement hasn’t fixed the issue.
Anyone had this issue and know what it might be please. It is going back to the garage tomorrow but I don’t have much hope!
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here’s an easy thing to try at no cost, once you been on a run turn engine off and remove fuel tank filler cap, listen to the area where you fill up for a whistling or air entering sound, of so its vacuuming.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would have thought if there was somethig wrong with the EVAP system there would have been a fault code logged.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Same age diesel, same problem, same distance from cold (10 miles) or longer, same haven't a clue response, same need to wait a couple of minutes to restart. Then runs perfectly for weeks. New filters, fuel cleaner etc have no effect. Luckily each time has been when I was able to wait so has not been a panic. The fault was though there is a vapour lock in the fuel. Runs like a bag of bricks if started too soon. (Wilson, thanks for the suggestion. I will check if it left a fault code).

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have heard of others with a similar problem on the 1.7 diesel and they have
have found fitting a new battery can sort the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts