Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had my MOT and been told the pads were getting low on the front (no warning lights yet) they have quoted me £147.00 for the pads/fitting, their quote says 0.8hours labour.

A quick google suggests I can get decent pads for circa £45, so that makes less than 1-hours labour about £100.00 at a main dealer, this seems very high.

Does anybody have any suggestions for pad make, I looked at Ferodo, Brembo etc? As I said they seem to be around £45 for a set.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
When I worked as a mechanic Ferodo was the brand of choice but Mintex was the best seller due to price, but that was was decades ago and newer brands have come forward now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is no warning light for brake pads on a Mokka. Unless they changed the design in the last two years. Brake pads have a small metal tab which will contact the brake disc when pads wear down. You should hear a ringing or squealing noise. Attention required. I changed my front pads with Pagid. Circa £45 or less from Euro parts delivered to your home. About 1.5 hrs work for me but quite a bit less for a Vauxhall technician.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I worked as a mechanic Ferodo was the brand of choice but Mintex was the best seller due to price, but that was was decades ago and newer brands have come forward now.
Yes I agree, which is why I asked. The GM parts must be made by somebody else I thought someone might know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no warning light for brake pads on a Mokka. Unless they changed the design in the last two years. Brake pads have a small metal tab which will contact the brake disc when pads wear down. You should hear a ringing or squealing noise. Attention required. I changed my front pads with Pagid. Circa £45 or less from Euro parts delivered to your home. About 1.5 hrs work for me but quite a bit less for a Vauxhall technician.
I saw the metal tag on the pads and assumed they did, but we are not at squealing yet! I think I will get some of the circa £45 pads and get them fitted by a mate with the right tools. Thanks fort he advice.

·
Super Moderator
9,596 Posts
Vauxhall Website offer a new range of Vauxhall Approved parts £99 fitted with 0% finance over 3-12 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vauxhall Website offer a new range of Vauxhall Approved parts £99 fitted with 0% finance over 3-12 months.
Yes tanks for that, the dealer never mentioned that as an option, which is annoying. But again I would like to know either who makes the genuine GM pads, or what the call Vauxhall approved. I've been quoted similar from an independent garage.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
From past experience when I bought "genuine Vauxhall brake pads" from my dealer the box proudly stated "made in china"

·
Super Moderator
9,596 Posts
Yes, China has produced the largest volume of cardboard/paper worldwide each year since 2010. ;)o_O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts