Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I previously posted re a power steering failure.

Things unfortunately have gone from bad to worse!

Took car to local dealer on monday as advised by AA and initially they were not goingto look at it without it being booked in.
Several hours later although they had not found the fault they decided to keep the car and gave me an astra.

Heard nothing and phoned on tuesday to be told it needed a module for the power steering and they yad ordered it

Several phone calls later and it was not until thursday at 430pm they told me the part would not be arriving until the 4th OF MARCH!!!!!!

Went down to dealer and they are basically refusing to give the car back for "safety" reasons
They have two mokkas in stock but flat refused to swap the parts as they could then not sell the car until the new parts arrived never mind the inconvenience to us
Have tried vauxhall who say they will look into this no reply of any sort so far .

Hope you all have better luck we wish we had never bought one

Stewart

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles stewart,
My Mokka's been at the garage twice due to a parking sensor issue. This doesn't prevent the car from working but still with limited vision through the rear and side windows, parking sensors are there to help, aren't they?

Anyway i'm simply unimpressed with the whole buying a new car experience, and although i do like my Mokka i am wondering if i should've bothered

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be nice if vauxhall would get back to people it really looks like all they care about is selling the car their customer service so far has been appalling hope you dont need any parts soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

over the weekend, the power steering failed on my Mokka 1.7 tdi, whilst out doing "dad's taxi" run. It is the first time I have experienced this, and the power went instantly - I was on unlit country roads at night, and it was a really unnerving at the time. The steering went really heavy and was difficult to drive, the yellow warning light "power steering - service" came on.
I rang the dealership where I bought the car, and they said "you'd best bring it in"
I've not used it today, and I'm really concerned about driving it in the future.
How was the problem fixed and are you happy with it now?
cheers,
John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi

I see there is another post in faults and fixes

basically vauxhall are aware of a fault
the power steering module took more than a month to arrive we were not happy
customer service at peter vardy edinburgh was shocking will never deal with them again

however surely they have a parts supply now and you will not have to wait as long as we did but it definately needs to be sorted

on the upside Hayley at Vauxhall customer services was excellent if you have any problems she will be the best one to speak to.

good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
My power steering failed the other night, breakdown man found the fault to be a loose wire/connection behind the steering column. Taking it in to Vauxhall today to get it checked, will let you all know the outcome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Sorry to hear about your problem
The steering is a known issue check that they are looking at replacing power steering module.

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had a phone call from my wife saying power steering failed and waiting for AA.

Only clocked up 4k and already telling me its due for a oil change, and now power steering.

I've had SEAT Leons for several years with no trouble. Hope the Mokka is not going to spend more time off than on the road.

A friend just picked up his new Mokka and told him it needed a service just days later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update for the Power Steering problem.

The AA man turned up and had never seen a Mokka before.

Sent a text my wife with instructions for him (thanks to the Forum for advice).

He phoned me back and said he had found connector plug a bit loose and reconnected it and it works.

However it doesn't instil confidence when manoeuvring if it fails again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same problem here!!!!!!! ..... Since I had the car on the 1st March it has intermittently had a problem where the power steering fails for a few seconds usually on roundabouts or pulling into the drive and this morning full failure and power string warning light is on. 26000 miles and problems already not what I would expect from a new car! Vauxhall assist seemed aware of the problem when I spoke to them and opted straight for collecting the car and leaving a replacement rather than wasting time with roadside assist.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have also had this problem with my mokka 1.7cdti and as previously stated by others on here,it really knocks your confidence in the vehicle when you suddenly have no steering - I contacted my local Vauxhall garage and they booked it in (2 weeks later) - when I eventually took the car in they rang me aftera couple of hours and said they had updated the software and that It was now ok. one week later and it is doing it again.
I got my mokka in march 13 and was instantly concerned about the engine dying which is another issue alsomentioned on this forum and one denied by Vauxhall who claim itis driver error. I have done just over 10k now and the steering problem has just arisen. Also today my computer disconnected my phone and suddenly wont recognise it again and will not allow me to change the settings.just wondering what other little surprises the car has in store for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My power steering has gone for the second time in a month. The first time it was a complete fail and towed. 'Loose connection' was the diagnosis. I'm sitting waiting for the AA man to bring it back from taking it for a test run after a bit of steering column tinkering. I'm pretty naffed off. My Mokka 1.7tdi is less than a year old. I'm paying stupid money to have a new car so that I don't have these problems!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my Mokka just over a year now and in the last 6 months the power steering has failed fully on 3 occasions (whereby the warning light has come on and the power steering has gone completely) and on several other occasions where by it intermittently goes off and on in a matter of seconds whenever and wherever it feels like it....usually when on a roundabout or in some 'turning' manouvre making driving completelyunsafe!

I have had the AA out on 2 occasions and had the car in thedealership garage twice where they have kept it in over a weekend and returned it to me saying they could find no fault.

I am so exasperated by the lack of help from Vauxhall - I don't know what to do next!! I am slightly relieved to see I am not the only one who has experienced this fault!

The lack of customer care which was afforded to meover this serious issue wouldput me off EVER buying a vauxhall again.... And considering I am a firsttime vauxhall owner, you would think it would be in their interest to keep me buying vauxhall cars!

·
Registered
17 Posts
RMac said:
I have had my Mokka just over a year now and in the last 6 months the power steering has failed fully on 3 occasions (whereby the warning light has come on and the power steering has gone completely) and on several other occasions where by it intermittently goes off and on in a matter of seconds whenever and wherever it feels like it....usually when on a roundabout or in some 'turning' manouvre making driving completelyunsafe!

I have had the AA out on 2 occasions and had the car in thedealership garage twice where they have kept it in over a weekend and returned it to me saying they could find no fault.

I am so exasperated by the lack of help from Vauxhall - I don't know what to do next!! I am slightly relieved to see I am not the only one who has experienced this fault!

The lack of customer care which was afforded to meover this serious issue wouldput me off EVER buying a vauxhall again.... And considering I am a firsttime vauxhall owner, you would think it would be in their interest to keep me buying vauxhall cars!
Sorry to here of your problems, have you thought about contacting autoexpress magazine or similar about your problem or even watchdog?

·
Registered
29 Posts
my mokka steering failed and I nearly hit another car at Christmas.

aa took my mokka to dealer who had Vauxhall boffs out and a new steering column was fitted and its been fine since

now its telling me I need a oil change only done 5500 miles what a joke !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My mokka did exactly the same it was one of the other issues I had when my steering failed the week after the garage had supposedly fixed it. Apparently it's a computer reset that's required after they did the work, they should have done it but clearly forgot, you shld not need new oil just let the garage know that since you've had it back it's been telling you an oil change is required they shld be able to sort it quickly for you without charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my Mokka about a year now. The power steering failed completely just before Christmas.

Was told it required a software upgrade.

Needless to say, it started failing intermittently in the past week - 3 times.

Taken it back to garage - c/o AA.

In fairness to Vauxhall have been helpful although needless to say, I'm not best pleased that this keeps happening.

Will be interested to see if they identify fault as I don't want the car back unless it's road safe!

Unrelated, my oil light came on a week before I was due a service. Very convenient...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had this problem too. I've had the software update and within 5 days of that, the power steering failed again.

I've just got a call today to say the car is registering the same error codes and a new steering column is needed (to replace the power steering control unit).

A few people on here have mentioned the sensor being replaced, but I can only find one person that has said no further problems since. What is everyone else's experience of the error after the steering sensor is replaced? Does the error continue or does this genuinely resolve things?

I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My steering failed several times and on the last occasion would not free itself. It was towed to the vx garage at which point I refused to take the back until they absolutely assured me it was ok - in the end they test drove it to and from work for 3 nights
Apparently the problem was a loose wire that had not been connected properly they fixed the wire and touch wood the past 5 months have been fine with no issues .
Originally when I had the fault they told me the car needed a software update which they apparently carried out, unfortunately the following week the steering went for good and at that point I was told it was the wiring - as I stated above, since the wire was repaired 5 months or so ago, I have not encountered steering issues again.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts