Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got our mits on our Mokka last night after ordering on 01 Sept
Excellent car and really pleased with it. Ignore the press mutterings re noisy diesel and bouncy ride - absolute nonsense in my opinion. Only done 50 miles and getting 45.7 mpg

Just a couple of queries.

We have the 1.7 SE with standard CD 400 system and appear not to have the speech recognition system. The icon on the steering wheel button only shows the phonenot the combined phone/face outline icon. Does anyone else have this issue as well or is speech recog system only standard on the Navi 600 system.

SE comes with supposedly high pressure headlight washers - no matter what I try they'll not burst into life. Tried the wipers on constant with the headlights on and pulling back the wash stalk and absolutely nothing.

Any assistance with the above items would be really appreciated.

Dealer service very poor with very brief handover - the pdi bit in the service book wasn't even removed from the plastic sealed owners wallet nor completed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congrats Mr AT!!!.

Wish i could help but alas i am at a loss

Glad to hear you have finally got your Mokka though and that you are pleased with it apart from the above-mentioned!!

Good luck and happy Mokkering!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
on the older vauxhall's the voice stuff is just for the phone. If you've paired it with a phone try going in to your address book and setting a voice tag for a number and see if it responds?

·
Registered
145 Posts
When we were first looking at Mokka's we asked various dealers what the small panels under the headlights were for, all except one said they were to give access to the bolts holding the front bumper on ???? the one who new said they were for the washers and they operated automatically after every 4th operation of the windscreen washers. Try that!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Re headlight washers.
Headlights on, Pull and hold windscreen washer. After about half a tank of screenwash on your windscreen eventually the headlights should wash (takes forever on antara) they will then not re-wash for quite a while (thats how it is on our antara anyway)

Edited by: Andy_H

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think Tosher is on the right track. On my Honda CR-V the headlamp washers were activated on every third use of the front screen wash. Can't see any references after a (quick) look at the Mokka manual.

·
Registered
208 Posts
And headlight washers are only for hid lights or bi-xenons

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys,

Thanks for all the help. 4th wash cycle they burst into life (2 blasts each headlight).

The speech recog system appears to be for those who have the Navi 600 sat nav system on the Mokka.My wife's quite happy with that as apparently I bark the orders to my Insignia phone system.

Also got the start stop system to work this morning. No need for the hand brake to be on. It just stops and kicks into life when pressing the clutch.

To those that have theirs already they know this a great little car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi all,
Still waiting for my Mokka to arrive, should be 11/01/13 fingers crossed. Glad to hear some positive feedback especially the noise level of the engine

One week to go and no update yet, still remaining positive though; c'mon GM!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kirby,

If you're going for the SE the sport seats are fabulous with every adjustment possible. Electric lumbar support very good and an excellent view of the road ahead.

The AFL bi xenons take a little bit of getting used to. When you select reverse and are stationary both beams are extended at the side of the car and it's almost as if another car is alongside. It's caught me out a couple of times.

Broke 80mph on the motorway for the 1st time this morning without any fuss and now averaging over 50 mpg.

Depending on the road surface, a little bit of road noise intrudes but ours, like all Mokkas I've seen in various garages, wears Continentals Sport Contacts. From previous car experience Continentals are generally noisy.

Stereo quality is good and bluetooth audio streaming from our I phone is brilliant- no need for cables etc.

·
Registered
339 Posts
MrAT,
Ordered the exclusive 4x4 model 1.7CDTi; was a bit concerned about the reported noise level of the motor in early previews/reviews. However the benefit of this forum is the feedback provided by early adopters has been overall very good (AFL excluded) so i'm pretty excited

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all

It's good to see real people buying the mokka and reporting solid information. I am current wanting to order a new Mokka SE in snowflake white with the sat nav system in a 1.7Cdti automatic however I am very concerned about reviews from car websites stating the engine is noisy and doesnt change gear enough, the road noise is also loud! Does anyone have this version? I am test driving the manual 'S' spec tomorrow afternoon however this is manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated people ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi AllOfficial from Vauxhall,they did have an issuse with AFL on Mokkas built before 16/10/2012 it is being sorted.All mokkas built after that date have been modified to resolve the problems.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Due to pick mine up Tuesday and it had a build date of 11/10.
Have vauxhall officially stated this as a recall as nothing mentioned
when I went to sign papers.
Bit concerned now. VCS were supposed to contact me on 7th regarding this
but never did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi WingyNot a recall as far as i know.
There is a "field remedy" under validation for mokkas build before 16/10/2012,dealers will be told of the fix once validation is complete.
Got this from VCS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts