Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mokka was ready for delivery on the 8th April. however the intended date was mid July following my order in February. This really was tooooo long so I tweaked my order and it arrived in 3 weeks! I had gone for the 1.7 cdti Exclusiv with black interior, which seemed to be the hold up. If I went for the colour I wanted, Summit White with the cocoa and Adriatic blue interior the dealer was able to get it for me in 3 weeks, so that's what I did, saving a rather long and frustrating wait.
Firstly - I've worked out I'm getting about 50mpg combined. I filled up today for £56.50 and from when the tank was empty I had covered 455 miles, I think that's pretty good.
Now that its arrived, I'm thrilled with it. Within a week myself, wife and 2 week old baby had gone to Llandudno for a wedding from our home near Nottingham. It's a comfortable ride and easy to drive, sits at a great height with plenty of clear vision up front through the windscreen and windows and cruises along nice on motorways. Size wise its actually pretty good and there is plenty of headroom and legroom. the new baby means having a car seat and base which fit great to the isofix and easy access is obtained through the rear door. the dash is nice and clear, with lots of features as standard, inparticular the bluetooth which is great to hook the phone up to and a usb for playing music easily, cruise control, parking sensors all round and electric folding mirrors are nice touches as well.i still havent got to grips fully with the centre console but theres plenty there and having DAB radio is another good idea. Having a plug socket in the car is great for plugging the ipad in or my wife mentioned that she could straighten her hair! Internally at night the car looks very nice with an array of lights and even a red light running across the dash, looks pretty funky. The boot isn't massive but we find it to be a reasonable size and if you don't have the spare tyre there's more room underneath where this would have gone for storage. In general there is plenty of storage within the car, 2 gloveboxes are also handy. The blue and brown interior is actually really nice and ive had some pleasant remarks about it, even had a chap knock on the window and ask me all about the car! As he had been admiring it! The two minor niggles are its a bit diesel like in the lower gears in terms of noise and the side pillars are quite wide when pulling out at a junction as they do detract from easily seeing so you have to crane your neck backwards or forwards to see any oncoming vehicles, but really that's it!

All in all I'm really happy with the car, the rides good, sits at a nice height, is comfortable on long journeys and is for the size of the car surprisingly spacious throughout and isn't difficult to park due to its compact size. This model has a host of features and plenty of extra little touches that just make you feel like you've got a car that has had thought put into the design and they certainly have crammed lots in.

Hope that gives you an idea about the Mokka, and if you are still awaiting your car I'm sure it will be worth it as I love it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

Glad you are enjoying the second new baby in your life !!

Nice summary , especially those practical notes you make concerning isofix etc . One more for the Notts Posse !!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Welcome to the forum tperjs.
Nice review which gives an over view of the Mokka. Like the review in respect of the isofix as I am presently considering getting new child seats for the grandchildren and I am looking at isofix the only downside is the price of them. The only part of the review I don't totally understand is one of the minor niggles, it's a bit diesel like in lower gears in terms of noise. Well it should as it is a 1.7Cdti isn't it. I have been driving mine and although it is slightly noisier than my last car a Skoda Octavia Estate (only just though) it is not really that noticeable. I have had mine a couple of weeks now and yesterday was travelling back down a long steep hill from my daughters home when I said that I couldn't hear the engine (like I could with the octavia) and I was a little over the national speed limit. Honestly I bought my speed back down when I realised but it did show me how out of touch the motoring press are with the realities of motoring for the masses.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice review, cheers

·
Registered
349 Posts
Now I'm really chumping at the bit. I WONT MY NEW MOKKA!!!

thanks for the review.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the review.

Hairstraightenersmay not work or will blow fuses etc.

A 230 Volt power outlet is located in<i style="line-height: 1.4;">the rear console.[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">Do not exceed the maximum power[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">consumption of 150 watts.[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">With ignition off the power outlet is[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">deactivated.[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">Additionally the power outlet is[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">deactivated in case of low battery[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">voltage.[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">Electrical accessories that are[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">connected must comply with the[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">electromagnetic compatibility[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">requirements laid down in[/i]<i style="line-height: 1.4;">DIN VDE 40 839.[/i]

<i style="line-height: 1.4;">
[/i]
Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome messages. Fatman mentioned about hair straighteners and not plugging them in, which is a good point and there's certainly no chance anyway of my wife straightening her hair in the car!
A couple of other thoughts on the Mokka, the boot is level when you open the tailgate which is great for easy loading and unloading as well as changing the babies nappy due to it being at a great height. The front seats in my opinion aren't particularly wide, So certainly worth trying them out in the showroom if you can.
The summit white I ordered looks good as there is a fair amount of black externally which contrasts really nicely.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The 13amp socket remains live with the ignition of for a short period provided the key is not removed

·
Registered
767 Posts
tperjs said:
. . . . . there's certainly no chance anyway of my wife straightening her hair in the car!
I find cornering on two wheels does the trick.

Or random emergency stops when she is just nodding off.

I be bad.

Always the joker me. Hell to pay when she woke up though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts