Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone can help,
there seems too be a lack of owners reviews, i have ordered a awd 1.7dci se.
your points of view for this car as well as the other specs in this range would be a great help to me and other new members in this forum.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have just completed 2000 miles in the Mokka.No problems of any sort and all the bells and whistles work as described in handbook. Mileage a mixture of town driving, A roads and Motorway. One motorway trip was 250 miles. The MPG for the last 1000 mile worked out at 37.9 MPG. The first 1000 mile was 34.7. I must say that it could be a better MPG if I was concerned enough but I make full use of the gears and turbo and enjoy the drive. I found the car to be very comfortable and the 250 mile Motorway drive was done without a stop. No pains in the back or joints when getting out at the end. I am 81 years old so that says a lot for the seating. All in all I love my Mokka and intend to get behind the wheel at every chance I get.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The mpg looks a bit on the low side

·
Registered
767 Posts
Glad to hear you say youare making full use of the gears & the turbo. It's there for the driving.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Deadbeat said:
Have just completed 2000 miles in the Mokka.No problems of any sort and all the bells and whistles work as described in handbook. Mileage a mixture of town driving, A roads and Motorway. One motorway trip was 250 miles. The MPG for the last 1000 mile worked out at 37.9 MPG. The first 1000 mile was 34.7. I must say that it could be a better MPG if I was concerned enough but I make full use of the gears and turbo and enjoy the drive. I found the car to be very comfortable and the 250 mile Motorway drive was done without a stop. No pains in the back or joints when getting out at the end. I am 81 years old so that says a lot for the seating. All in all I love my Mokka and intend to get behind the wheel at every chance I get.
I LOVE the fact we have an 81 year old on this forum. Awesome. Perhaps our most senior member ????

·
Registered
83 Posts
jcol said:
The mpg looks a bit on the low side
That's because I have a very heavy right foot and I just love the growl when the turbo fires up. At my age what do I want to save £s for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for a great review ,nice to read somthing other than problems

·
Registered
817 Posts
Talking of 250 motoraway miles.

I had a Qashqai and bought it at 3 years old . I replaced the disks and brake pads then took it to Spain 1000 onae way with plenty of stops.

When I got home i noticed alot of juddering through the steering wheel under braking.

The discs must have been warped.

I am doing the same trip in the Mokka in August and I just hope I dont have the same ussue.

Is it too much driving in one go?

I dont drive with my foot on the brake and it was a manual.

Any ideas why, and they were genuine Nissan parts. Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ixasio, I also had a QQ that I brought at 3 years old and I ended up having loads of problems with it. I have now had my Mokka for 2 months and have done 2300 miles. It is a1.7 cdti 4 x 4 and I am happy to report no issues,just a pleasure to drive and feels far safer than theQQ ever did.

The Qq steering ever felt safe and it would struggle uphill etc..............I think you should be fine. I actually enjoy longer drives now!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thats good to know. It has been worrying me in case i get warped discs again with such a long drive.

Im glad im not the only one who had problems with their QQ

·
Registered
85 Posts
It will be worth the wait!

As for the QQ, my colleague had his from new and as it reached three years old he started having lots of issues as well.........over Easter he went and traded it in because he had enough! He had planned on keeping it longer so I think there are others who also had problems with the QQ.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ixasio said:

Any ideas why, and they were genuine Nissan parts.
It could have happened anytime on the journey. One possibility is unless the hub is scrupulously clean & level after you take the old disc off thena new disc will not sit flat &run true so leading tooverheating & warping. When you wind the brake pistons back in to allow the new pads to fit they can partially seize on any corrosion in the bores with the same result. Worn wheel bearings, even slightly worn,can alsolead to the disc not running trueagain with thesame result. The Mokka should be fine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Flat Eric said:
Ixasio said:

It could have happened anytime on the journey. One possibility is unless the hub is scrupulously clean & level after you take the old disc off thena new disc will not sit flat &run true so leading tooverheating & warping. When you wind the brake pistons back in to allow the new pads to fit they can partially seize on any corrosion in the bores with the same result. Worn wheel bearings, even slightly worn,can alsolead to the disc not running trueagain with thesame result. The Mokka should be fine.

A common cause of brake disc warp is if you you leave your foot on the footbrake instead of applying the handbrake whilst stationary at traffic lights etc. The brake discs do not cool down evenly if the pads are still in contact which leads to the discs distorting

·
Registered
584 Posts
At least we all have a 100,000 mile warranty

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jean-Luc said:
Flat Eric said:
Ixasio said:

It could have happened anytime on the journey. One possibility is unless the hub is scrupulously clean & level after you take the old disc off then a new disc will not sit flat & run true so leading to overheating & warping. When you wind the brake pistons back in to allow the new pads to fit they can partially seize on any corrosion in the bores with the same result. Worn wheel bearings, even slightly worn, can also lead to the disc not running true again with the same result. The Mokka should be fine.

A common cause of brake disc warp is if you you leave your foot on the footbrake instead of applying the handbrake whilst stationary at traffic lights etc.  The brake discs do not  cool down evenly if the pads are still in contact which leads to the discs distorting

Thanks Jean-luc I'll need to change my driving habit then.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How is it that this topic started as a request from a member for reviews on the Mokka and then less that twenty posts later the topic is about the brake discs on a Nissan.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts