Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this at the Dealers yesterday and i think it finishes the car off a treat. I can't see why theydon'tdo this at the factory as an option or standard on the SE

It really has made this colour stand out more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Would like to know how much it would cost to get this done.can'tseem to find any aftermarket mods to swap the black plastic out forpainted ones.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've been thinking of getting mine done. But having them done in black

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hmm, i'm intrigued. This was never given or spoken about as an option when I visited my dealer way back in September, the pics look okay but I would rather a side by side comparison before deciding which one is best.I've a number of scuff marks to my black trim having collected my Mokka in January, I guess the colour coded bumpers would've disguised these marks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He said, It cost himnearly£1500? i think you could get it done for a 1/3 of that price if you can take all the trim off yourself.

·
Registered
339 Posts
And.....one of the most annoying aspects of my Mokka is when the rear bumper/boot lip remains dirty/discoloured following rainfall. I've considered buying a boot sill cover to disguise this if it wasn't for the extra costs

·
Registered
38 Posts
The funny thing is, the colour match between the bumpers and the body is clearly terrible. If cars we're being delivered like this I guarantee there would be a thread about it on here.

It looks dreadful to me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Barny said:
The funny thing is, the colour match between the bumpers and the body is clearly terrible. If cars we're being delivered like this I guarantee there would be a thread about it on here.

It looks dreadful to me.
The rear looks ok but the front I agree looks terrible

·
Registered
584 Posts
Clean the black areas with WD40, they come up a treat

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure about the colour coding myself- I think part of the chunky SUV look of the mokis down to the black contrast -even if they are a pain to keep clean.would ave to see it in the flesh though

·
Registered
713 Posts
I agree. The plastic cladding sets it off and offers more protection from parking scuffs and stone chips.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Use BLACK IN A Flash for black trim and door cards. It's great stuff they look like new. As for the colour coded bumpers I think stone chips would be a problem. Don't like the front.

·
Registered
264 Posts
not for me

·
Registered
713 Posts
I can recommend autoglym bumper care. Good results!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think it would look good if the colour match were better but dont think it would work in white. Also, theyd be be constantly getting chopped and scratched. I'd like to find a clear laquer or something to go on the flat upper surface of the rear bumper to help keep it clean.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not for me...........I have an Insignia at the mo and the stone chips are a nightmare

1 - 20 of 31 Posts