Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fatman
the car is everything I expected and hoped for. Confortable ride, excellent vision, smooth gearbox, easy to use controls, superb paint finish, love the brown and blue interior. Car well presented and the dealer did everything I wanted. Happy Bunny!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Very nice Jcol,

Now you can enjoy taking your Mokka for a spin and adding more pics for the forum

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Dawn for your wishes, brief drive yesterday and I am highly impressed

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here i am at 1900 miles and achieving 53.9 miles all modes (from calculations), as i said previous the paintwork is excellent, love the auto dip facility, its a really good accessory. Not sure about parking sensors they seem to go to continuous sounding when i am a good distance from the object. Wind noise is low and perfectly acceptable,road handling is excellent and very positive. Taking the bumps and holes is good and i think better than the Insignia. Boot is a bit on the small size when were three up. The seatbelt keeper has rubbed on the plastic central console so i will have to keep an eye that. The standard three pin socket in the rear is excellent for charging the phone. Bluetooth works ok except I have not been able to transfer the contact list - not really an issue. Fitted mud flaps and they are good at doing their job i.e. keeping spray etc off the side panels. Rear seats are ok for room. Visibility when driving is very good. Temp controls ok and working well. IPod connection working ok. Slight rubbing on the door rubber adjacent to the centre frame - drivers side, will need to watch this. Headroom excellent and drivers leg room very good. So by now you will appreciate i really am very happy with my Mokka

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Downside: the carpet is poor and a bit like felt, i wonder how long that will look good. The door panels look as if they have been pressed out of a plastic moulding with slightly rough edges on show, having said this the car is absolutely fine, I have the 1.7 diesel and it tends to be sluggish at low speed

·
Registered
506 Posts
jcol said:
I have the 1.7 diesel and it tends to be sluggish at low speed
I have found that the Mokka is very high geared compared to my iX35. Under most circumstances I have to go one gear lower than previously. Also the highest torque is in a very narrow band, between 2000 - 2500 rpm IIRC. So to make the most of the available power I change up at around 2500 rpm which means I drop around 500 rpm so still within the best power range. Changing down similarly, I don't let the revs get too low.

Early days for me, but the 1.7 in my Mokka looks as if it will be more powerful then the same size engine in my previous iX35 and i thought that one was good

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats John. Enjoy and have fun with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts