Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my Mokka Exclusive for two weeks now . Forget the negative road tests, diesel engine is not unduly noisy and performance is good.

Love the high driving position and ride is comfortable . Had a trip with two adults in the back with luggage , car coped easily.

Others have commented on the design of the car and how nice it looks.

Love the car , for those of you awaiting delivery well worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks for the mini review. How long did you have to wait ? What options did you go for?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks stephenp, i'm thinking the decision to choose the 1.7CDTi was a good one. Expecting my delivery 11th Jan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I went for the standard Exclusive model, as was quite happy with the spec and hoped by not adding on options it might arrive quicker. I ordered back in August but bear in mind not launched until November.
The delivery date kept changing anyway , was originally January but then came in just before christmas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Agree the Diesel seems to be the best bet, certainly best in terms of performance and economy.
Hope your's turns up on time, I only found out the day before.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great stuff Stephen!! As i think has been said before probably by DCB the 1.7cdti will probably be the most popular engine choice overall so i REALLY looking forward to getting mine now!!!
Just still very curious as to how much space there will be on the back seat between 2 child seats!!!

The boot (of the display model i saw) was only just about big enough for a singleMaclaren!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
stephenp said:

Agree the Diesel seems to be the best bet, certainly best in terms of performance and economy.
Hope your's turns up on time, I only found out the day before.
Enjoy.
economy maybe but I think you'll find the 1.4 petrol is faster top end and 0-60

·
Registered
296 Posts
Unfortunately my days of speed over anything else are long gone although I still like to know I can drop the hammer when I need to but economy is more important these days especially due to cost of fuel!!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Glassy said:
Unfortunately my days of speed over anything else are long gone although I still like to know I can drop the hammer when I need to but economy is more important these days especially due to cost of fuel!!!!
Same goes for me. No more tearing round with my tail on fire from petrol pump to petrol pump.

I need to havemy sensible hat on now my income is fixed.

My last car when "playing" was lucky to see 15 mpg & needed copious amounts99 RON Shell V-Power to keep the ECU maxed out &happy -ouch.

It did return a 0-60 of sub 4.5 secs
& was limitedto 155 mph.
The most I had was 145 mph on the runway atWoodbridge air base butthen ran out of runway & brakes.

Loved my old car but not the bills.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not gonna be easy getting in to a non sports car after that!!!

There's always track days and driving experiences tho!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Glassy said:
Not gonna be easy getting in to a non sports car after that!!!

There's always track days and driving experiences tho!!!
Yes indeedy but needs must as they say.

I have been around the performance car scene for many years & luckily I have lots of track day friends who will oblige with an adrenaline rush when I need one. This was at Snetterton with a nice variety of cars to choose from :-

I don't know why the wife got in as she doesn't know how to drive. Just as well the keys were'nt in it!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
You very lucky B*****D!!!! lol

Lovin the radical!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Glassy, as for the space between 2 car seats, I tried all 3 kids seats in the back and they fit in no problem. Then again I expected them to as the Corsa manages OK.

·
Registered
296 Posts
BB - 3 kids seats in the back of a Mokka??? Really??? Thats really impressive. I didnt think there would be that much space between them!!! I do have 1 ridiculously large seat though called and Axiss that swivels towards the door so its easier to put the kid in it so it needs a bit more space.

As long as an adult can get inbetween two of them that will be amazing and as thats already possible between them in my wifes honda civic hatch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts