Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the issue with my 16 plate 1.4 turbo petrol model.

Prior to Covid19 my management light popped on Amber I took it to my local garage who diagnosed a new Lambda sensor gave the go ahead to replace it at £300 cost couple of days later on pops the light again 😩 took it back to the garage who have sent it to main dealers who have come back with that to rule out they want to start with a CAT replacement with a £700 charge but won’t rule out that this is guaranteed to solve the issue.

I’m feeling I’m playing a bit of a Russian roulette game here with a large bill to “possibly” solve the situation. On voicing to people feedback is that the car is only 4 years and only done 48k miles how comes the CAT needs replacing??

Towards the beginning of the year the engine cut out completely and the management light was red and diagnosed with the lead out of the coil pack was tight so they slacked that off and was fine .

Any feedback on this would be appreciated before I make any decisions.

many thanks

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Have they told you what fault codes they are getting? Have they done an exhaust emission test? have you still got your MOT emission test readout and how long ago was it?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
They need to do an emissions test, you can't tell from the code if the problem is the catalytic converter an engine fault or a failed lambda sensor, an emissions test could rule out an engine or catalytic converter fault, if you got an emissions slip with your MOT paperwork can you upload a photo of it? Any MOT station can do an emission test, it only takes a few mins, do you know which lambda sensor they changed? If you have a shiny new sensor just to the right of the dipstick, they changed the wrong one, first guess would be the post cat one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All Vauxhall said when I spoke to them was that it was running emissions double to what it should be and the cat is what they would change first the Lambda sensor they changed was no 2 ??

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
So they have done an emission test (exhaust gas analysis)? Has nobody given you the print out from it? Have you got the print out from your last MOT? Its just a print out that looks similar to a till receipt, they usually pin it to your MOT paperwork.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tried the cat cleaner Friday afternoon light was cleared came back on today !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Nads I have a Mokka 1.4T 2017 and I’m having the exact same issue the P0420 code car has just gone on 27000 miles and I’ve had since new, did you ever get it fixed and what was the outcome?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys looking for advice on Emissions Light Fault, OBD2 Reader showing P0420 Catalytic Converter Too Lean Bank 1, I have replaced both oxygen sensors, air filter, evap purge valve, coil pack, spark plugs, also tried Cataclean, any ideas would be a great help as my mokka has just went on 27000 miles and you would expect a Catalytic Converter too last much longer, Thanks

Post moved from Newbies.

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts
As Newbies Section is intros only this post will be locked and shortly moved.

Post #12 has now been moved here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts