Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
No it won't, fueling is controlled by e c u, the E c u doesn't stall, my opinion, is that a lot of drivers on here don't know how to get on with stop/start, engage stop/start, drive down road, stop at traffic lights on red, if green carry on, ha, ha, stop at lights, handbrake on, gear in neutral, pointer in stop start, lights change, press clutch pedal, engine starts, into first gear, handbrake off, drive, away don't use ignition key to restart car, simple, that's how mine works anyway, vauxhall mokka.1.6,petrol
I repeat Yes, it will. Excess fuel will wash down the cylinder walls, removing the microscopic film of oil and lowering compression. Simples.

·
Registered
2016 Mokka 1.4T SE 4X4
96 Posts
The handbrake needs to be on and the clutch out for stop start to work,
Do you mean footbrake, as I'm sure I've never put the handbrake on?
On the auto the stop/start is only connected to the footbrake.
my opinion, is that a lot of drivers on here don't know how to get on with stop/start, engage stop/start, drive down road, stop at traffic lights on red, handbrake on, gear in neutral, pointer in stop start, lights change, press clutch pedal, engine starts, into first gear, handbrake off, drive, away don't use ignition key to restart car, simple, that's how mine works anyway, vauxhall mokka.1.6,petrol
So were the original Mokkas different? The handbook for mine does not mention the handbrake or footbrake - activated by clutch pedal down, gearbox in neutral, clutch pedal up.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
It would probably be quite difficult to get a complete description of the system. The handbook doesn't mention, for example, that if you open the drivers door the engine will restart - without even touching the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
2016 Mokka 1.4T SE 4X4
96 Posts
Yes but that is part of what will activate an auto-start following an auto-stop event. There are criteria for each and driver actions which activate each - pressing the clutch pedal for auto start. When this is done during an auto stop the engine cranks within about 300 milliseconds of pressing the pedal - in other circumstances it does not begin until the pedal is fully depressed and various checks are made. Again, original Mokkas seem to need the seatbelt undone and the door open for a restart. The Mokka X AWD Automatic does it seems, require the footbrake to be applied for an auto-stop, but other automatics didn't have stop/start AFAIK.

I am beginning to think there was possibly a default state whereby if the engine stalled and the car is moving (and no doubt a bunch of other criteria) the 'pedal' lights on the dash and the engine re-starts when the clutch pedal is fully pressed. This is what used to happen with my car, so if it did stall I just held the pedal down and it re-started.

Somehow this has changed and it can stall but not restart just from pressing the clutch, and requires a key start. Apparently this would be correct if the car auto - stops but did not auto-start after 2 seconds cranking - it should then require a key start.

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
On 2017 X, if you stopped at a red light the stop/start would engage, apply the handbrake and take your foot off the footbrake the engine would start.

·
Registered
2016 Mokka 1.4T SE 4X4
96 Posts
Ok it should say '......the Mokka X AWD requires the footbrake to be applied for an auto-stop.......' I will edit it!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts