Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello we got our mokka last week 1.7 se and we are leased with it .
We drove it from Blackpool to Manchester today and found it to be a bit bouncy on motorway at 80 mph.
Also we stall it a lot due to going around corners in second gear anyone else having this problem .

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
That is Diesel engines at slow speeds. If you have to slow down that much for corners then go into 1st gear.
It is just how Diesel engines are. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
241 Posts
Cant say ive noticed it bouncing much on the motorway but I have stalled it a few times, even though I'm used to driving diesels. If you have the stop/start then fully dipping the clutch should restart the engine.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
This is why I love petrols..... darn tractor engines.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive 2 vans and I can corner in 3rd and don't stall one is a new berlingo and other is a transporter so used to diesels

·
Registered
240 Posts
DCB - but your footnote says you've ordered aDIESEL?????
Now you're baffling us!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah my love of petrol is well known but tosummarisewhy I've gone for the smelly diesel engines with all the soup stirring needed with a gear stick.....

My Mokka will be my company car replacing the 1.8 petrol 3 dr sports hatch which I've had on lease for the past year (which I've done over 50,000 in so far) and I was forced down the diesel route due to several major factors.
1) CO2 values - the company wishes to appear more green and thus imposes penalties for cars with high ones.
2) Leasing charges - leasing costs were (maybe still are) lower (by nearly 10-20) for the more expensive 1.7 AWD compared to the 1.4T AWD. Tax due to the uplift for diesels (which doesn't get removed for a few years) means the tax is roughly the same.
3) Mileage rate brackets - the company pays back based on the advisory rates of HRMC which are grouped into: a) lower rate for 1.4 petrols and below -15pb) higher rate for above 1.4 petrols - 18p c) lower rate for 1.6 diesels and below - 12p d) higher rate for above 1.6 diesels -15p. The 1.4T would fall into the lower rate while the 1.7 diesels are in the higher rate which means that if you're on the lower rate you've really got to be keeping an eye on the mpg to make sure you're not paying to do business miles. I do a mix of short journeys and motorway journeys. I've been getting about 36mpg (according to the computer) in the Astra.

I'll have to see how I get on, I love the acceleration in a petrol from a standing stop and the fact you don't have to mess about with the gear stick nearly as much. I can always remember pulling away in fourth in my old Nova.
If the future 1.6 diesel engine was the only diesel choice then the 1.4T might just get the nod instead (depending on the real world mpg).

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm so very sorry, but enjoy anyway! I suppose the colour you've ordered is to match the red tape surrounding company cars these days!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got my Mokka 1.7 Diesel today. Mine stalls a lot in 2nd gear, its very annoying. Ihave had a lot of Citroen diesel cars before this and its never been a problem with those. It will be going on its first run tomorrow, I will just have to see what its like then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love my Diesel AWD mokka. Haven't had any problems with gear changes or stalling, and taken it on a good 400mile spin 2 days after it arrived.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've now done over 1,000 miles in mine and initially I was also stalling in 2nd gear on the odd occasion. I put that done to my driving and the fact that the car was a diesel. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

But since about 500 miles I haven't stalled it once. Maybe the engine is loosening up, or could be that I now consciously switch off the eco mode as I found the engine keep on cutting out annoying (again probably just my personal preference).

Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts