Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Drl's do come on with sidelight selection well mine do, if you select sidelights, without
the ignition on and no key in and shut the door and lock it, the lights stay ON
If you select sidelights while the ignition is ON, then turn it OFF and take the key out and shut
the door they go out, well mine does, it depends which way you do it as to what happens

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Vector Cartoon Illustration of Two Angry Men or Businessmen in Fight Arguing or Argument with Yes and No Signs In Hands. Vector cartoon stick figure drawing royalty free illustration

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ok, well I will give one final description of how mine and the OP's work, there is no setting that affects the DRL's they come on when starting the car and go off when tuning it off, there is no sidelight setting, the only way to have lights on when parked is to move the indicator in the direction they are needed and the front and back parking lights come on, on that side only, turning the headlight knob anti-clockwise turns the headlights off, they will remain off until the car is turned off, turning the headlight knob clockwise turns the headlights on, they will remain on until the car is turned off, when restarting, no matter what is done with the headlight switch the headlights are on auto, if its dark the headlights will come on, if its full daylight the headlights will be off.

·
Registered
796 Posts
My Crossland was exactly the same as this 2019 Mokka it has a sidelight setting
above the small round headlight knob, i have found differences with this to the
others i have had. See Photo below

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yep, i thought the photo would help and something else i have noticed, i have to push
the ignition lock IN to get the key out, you can't just turn it, and pull the key out. i'm sure
my last two Mokka's were not like that, ??? there are quite a few changes

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I turn mine anti clock wise yes it dose go back to auto . But when I turn to clockwise for side lights it puts the drls on at the front and the rear lights on at the rear.and not the headlights
Just to complecate things even more... Using the sidelight setting also dims the DRL's making them less visible during daytime.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have to push
the ignition lock IN to get the key out, you can't just turn it, and pull the key out. i'm sure
my last two Mokka's were not like that, ??? there are quite a few changes
Don't panic I think they changed the lock when they changed the key on 2019 models, I assume you have one like mine?

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
So to add finality to the original question "Mokka auto-lighting - can it be turned off permanently?" the answer is no.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So to add finality to the original question "Mokka auto-lighting - can it be turned off permanently?" the answer is no.
I considered posting the same outcome, but I didn't think I could cope with the replies!

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Ah, but EliteOwner has a Mokka X Elite Ecotec - 67 reg. which the answer should be addressed too.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Don't panic I think they change the lock when they change the key on 2019 models, I assume you have one like mine?

Yes they have changed the lock and my key is the same as yours, in the photo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So i was right you can turn the auto lights off permanently
No. Even if you turn sidelights on, you get warning beeps when turning ignition off so have to turn lights off again , but then when you turn ignition on again, auto-lighting is ON again!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts