Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a Mokka X Elite Ecotec - 67 reg.
It has auto-lighting which I HATE because it turns on even when going under a bridge or, worse, when the sun is out and you pass by trees or something that temporarily blocks the light.
In my opinion it is dangerous, because following cars could interpret it as you braking, or oncoming cars as you flashing.
I know you can turn it off at the light switch, but you have to do that EVERY time you start the car - very annoying.
Is there any way to disable this feature, and simply use manual control?

(By the way, I do like the Headlamp Assist feature - I see a lot of members don't like this.)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes just turn the switch off .it turns them all off by the drls .i have mist on auto ..but like I say just turn them off

·
Registered
541 Posts
Why does it keeping turning it selfon mine does not .its like a light switch ones it’s turned off it’s off till you turn it back on

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes just turn the switch off .it turns them all off by the drls .i have mist on auto ..but like I say just turn them off
But when you turn ignition off/on again it is on automatically again. I can't turn it off permanently it seems!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
There is no means f tuning them off permanently, just like most things on modern cars they revert back to default every time the ignition is turned back on.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
its a momentary switch that turns the BCM to lights off, when the ignition is turned back on it reverts to lights on, mine can't be permanently turned off either, same with stop start, turn it off, next time you turn on the ignition its back on again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In my opinion it is dangerous, because following cars could interpret it as you braking, or oncoming cars as you flashing.
I've never noticed people flashing me and if the driver behind can't work out if its brake or rear lights then they need to drop back and leave some braking space. It may help if you give the sensor a clean but to be honest just let its do its thing - less stress when driving.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you turn the light switch to side lights. It only puts the rear lights on and drls on the front .and does not got to auto.like they did on Volvo years ago

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Has your's got a different switch? On ours it's a sprung loaded rotary switch, turn it anti-clockwise to turn the auto lights off, it springs back to auto, turn it clockwise it turns headlights on and springs back to auto, there is no sidelight setting.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
The heading of this thread is "can it be turned off permanently" and at post 4 EliteOwner himself states "But when you turn ignition off/on again it is on automatically again." So in his and many other members vehicles this answer is No.

·
Registered
541 Posts
When I turn mine anti clock wise yes it dose go back to auto . But when I turn to clockwise for side lights it puts the drls on at the front and the rear lights on at the rear.and not the headlights .bascily it turns the auto off .i nw I have tried it .it makes it like the volvos used to do side lights on all the time ,not auto

·
Registered
796 Posts
Now to upset the apple cart, mine has a sidelight setting, which just has the drl's and rear lights on

Reactions: Swinton1

·
Registered
541 Posts
So i was right you can turn the auto lights off permanently

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Now to upset the apple cart, mine has a sidelight setting, which just has the drl's and rear lights on
They all have a setting that turns auto headlights off and leaves just the DRL's on, but that setting reverts to auto headlights when the ignition is turned off then back on, it's not a permanent setting. The parrot is dead, it is deceased, it has lost the ruddy will to live. :unsure::D:cry:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So i was right you can turn the auto lights off permanently
Go out to your car tonight while its dark and start it, turn the auto headlights off, the headlights are now off, turn off your car get out and lock the doors, get in the car, start it and the headlights despite having turned them off are back on again!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sorry the parrot is dead
but that is incorrect on mine, if i leave it on the sidelight setting, and turn the ignition off and on
it comes back on the same setting, drl's and rear lights, i have just tried it 10 times :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep, that;s right, just leave your sidelights on all the time and the DRL’s won’t come on. Trouble is nothing else will come on because the battery will be flat in the morning.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts