Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone please help? I have a new Mokka SRI Premium.Manual Gearbox. On the 1st couple days the Start Stop worked fine and for past couple months its never worked. I have now done almost 800 miles and trying to avoid to take back to dealer. The Green Start Stop displays Dash Activated but wont work. I have made sure AC and heater etc off to try and minimise electrical drainage.
When I got the car I kept getting low tyre pressure warnings and took until me resetting 3 TIMES until it settled. So i was wondering if its possible to reset the Battery monitoring System.
My friend has identical car and stop start is fine when i tried it. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,630 Posts
This is for the Mokka and Mokka X
i would imagine that it’s much the same for yours

The stop-start system checks if each of the following conditions is fulfilled.
– The stop-start system is not manually deactivated
– the bonnet is fully closed
– the driver's door is closed or the driver's seat belt is fastened
– the battery is sufficiently charged and in good condition
– the engine is warmed up
– the engine coolant temperature is not too high
– the engine exhaust temperature is not too high, e.g. after driving with high engine load
– the ambient temperature is not too low
– the climate control system allows an Autostop
– the brake vacuum is sufficient
– the self-cleaning function of the diesel particle filter is not active
– the vehicle has moved since the last Autostop
Otherwise an Autostop will be inhibited.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
The stop/start system is very temperamental at the best of times. This time of year especially the battery would need to be fully charged, so I would ensure that by using a smart charger to charge these types of battery safely.
Otherwise return to the dealership for them to test it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same issue with my new Mokka. I'd driven to Scotland and back a round trip of nearly 500 miles and it worked once then stopped again. I took it to the dealers and they checked it out but all was well. Battery, charging system etc and put on diagnostics showed no issues. I did another long round trip of 400 miles shortly after and it worked fine for about a week and hasn't worked since so think it's just the way it is. I had 2 new Astras prior to the Mokka and it worked even in winter and doing shortish regular trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts