Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 64 plate mokka 1.7cdti when you start the car with the start stop activated it occasionally fails to start and rattles, however if you turn off the start stop it fires up, any ideas ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds like the start of the much discussed but no singular problem/solution found that the 1.7 diesels suffer from. Some people have had to have their dual mass fly wheels replaced to fix it in the end. Some peoples display behaviour like the clutch pedal dropping half/all the way and having to manually rest them etc etc. Mine has done it a few times but i've just got into the habit of turning off the Stop/Start whenever I get in the car now and i've had no problems since.

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
It appears to be the answer when out of warranty, unless you go down the £'s route which some choose to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all
I understand there has been a lot of discussions around this. I have a 2013 Mokka 1.7 CTDI. I have changed my clutch, DMF and slave cylinder and no change what so ever. Car sometimes tries to start but sounds like engine going to come out of car.
Someone suggested the battery, so two weeks ago I spent £100 + on a 096 AGM battery and OMG. It’s like having a new car. So far no more no starts, starts on the button every time, even though on previous battery it started well, nothing like this. Stop start works perfectly all the time, when before new battery this was intermittent. I have also noticed that my radio was always searching for a DAB station, again car has not done this since battery change.
I was a bit sceptical at first but so far very pleased with the way the car is behaving. Thanks for the help with this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all
I understand there has been a lot of discussions around this. I have a 2013 Mokka 1.7 CTDI. I have changed my clutch, DMF and slave cylinder and no change what so ever. Car sometimes tries to start but sounds like engine going to come out of car.
Someone suggested the battery, so two weeks ago I spent £100 + on a 096 AGM battery and OMG. It’s like having a new car. So far no more no starts, starts on the button every time, even though on previous battery it started well, nothing like this. Stop start works perfectly all the time, when before new battery this was intermittent. I have also noticed that my radio was always searching for a DAB station, again car has not done this since battery change.
I was a bit sceptical at first but so far very pleased with the way the car is behaving. Thanks for the help with this.
apparently you would know if your car is in a healthy condition if the start/stop switch operates perfectly. If not, you must change the battery. At least that is what the car's booklet says.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi all
Did you change it yourself?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't like start stop, it's a sticking plaster for fuel economy. The additional load on battery plus wear and tear to the starter motor could prove expensive in the long run. Diesel engines when cold are susceptible to uneven start up tick over, however, start stop shouldn't be a factor on initial engine start. I agree with above, if you want to use it, turn it on when the engine is warm. My fear is, if your battery fails, then at the traffic lights engine fails to restart, you are stuck in a dodgy situation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 64 plate mokka 1.7cdti when you start the car with the start stop activated it occasionally fails to start and rattles, however if you turn off the start stop it fires up, any ideas ?
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere
I’d like to think that after over a year it would have been sorted. So not sure how this comment would help?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sounds to me, like vauxhall tecs, need re-teaching, bring back the points and condenser, and dizzy cap,
How would having points, a condenser and a disributor cap help?

·
Registered
710 Posts
How would having points, a condenser and a disributor cap help?
Buy giving the ECU less control over timing and therefore fueling making the engine less powerful and inefficient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts