Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wanted to put this out there, My Mokka last week started to judder terribly when trying to start and wouldnt start, and the clutch was staying in middle, it didnt do this everyday, and never on a cold start, only when id been driving the car. I took it to the garage and no faults could be found, even though it did the judder infront of the mechanic. Yesterday I took it to a different person who wont let anything beat him regarding cars. He found out that when the battery is not at full potential it can cause this problem, the battery on the car was showing just over 8v instead of 12v. We changed it to a new battery today and the problem has stopped, Im just writing it here as ive read lots of people being told its the flywheel and cylinders, or that they may need a new gear box, al sorts, spending loads of money when it may welll just be the battery that needs changing. It may not work for everyone, Vauxhall have had loads of complaints of this happening to cars but find no fault and the owners are left scratching their heads, Anyway, I hope this helps somebody out and saves them some big pennies.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Hi Bev and welcome to this Forum.
It has been mentioned on a few occasions that a new battery solves the problem but there are a few sceptics. Hopefully the above new title thread will help solve future member problems.

Reactions: Bev

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bev and welcome to this Forum.
It has been mentioned on a few occasions that a new battery solves the problem but there are a few sceptics. Hopefully the above new title thread will help solve future member problems.
Hi,, Id Googled the problem and saw so many answers, and if I hadnt taken it to a friend to look at id probably of spent ALOT of money trying to get it solved. It may not work for everyone, I wish it would :) but if it saves someones savings then thats fab, I thought the engine was going to burst out of the bonnet, but touch wood all is well now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, just wanted to put this out there, My Mokka last week started to judder terribly when trying to start and wouldnt start, and the clutch was staying in middle, it didnt do this everyday, and never on a cold start, only when id been driving the car. I took it to the garage and no faults could be found, even though it did the judder infront of the mechanic. Yesterday I took it to a different person who wont let anything beat him regarding cars. He found out that when the battery is not at full potential it can cause this problem, the battery on the car was showing just over 8v instead of 12v. We changed it to a new battery today and the problem has stopped, Im just writing it here as ive read lots of people being told its the flywheel and cylinders, or that they may need a new gear box, al sorts, spending loads of money when it may welll just be the battery that needs changing. It may not work for everyone, Vauxhall have had loads of complaints of this happening to cars but find no fault and the owners are left scratching their heads, Anyway, I hope this helps somebody out and saves them some big pennies.
When you say "clutch in middle" can you describe exactly what wasng.
When you say "clutch was staying in the middle", please can you describe exactly what was happening? We have a 2013 4x4 1.7 Diesel, so would be good to know the symptoms just in case!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you say "clutch in middle" can you describe exactly what wasng.

When you say "clutch was staying in the middle", please can you describe exactly what was happening? We have a 2013 4x4 1.7 Diesel, so would be good to know the symptoms just in case!
Hi, after the juddering and I got the car started, when I went to change from 1st to 2nd, I found the clutch pedal was stuck halfway, so I had to put my foot underneath to lift it back up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
As above, you have to 'reset' the clutch. I used to push it all the way in, then lift it all the way up and then pump it 2-3 times to make sure. If you don't do that the entire clutch bite range is about an inch so you go from nothing to full. I almost destroyed a garden wall when it happened the first time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts