Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think you mean 1,000 revs, I don't think there would be much left of the engine at 10,000 revs
It is probably doing a DPF Re-gen, take it on a long run then see, if it settles

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My vauxhall mokka 2016 is idelling at 1000 rpm even when I sat still at traffic lights does anyone know what it could be please
Do you mean 1000 rpm?
I think you mean 1,000 revs, I don't think there would be much left of the engine at 10,000 revs
It is probably doing a DPF Re-gen, take it on a long run then see, if it settles
I know it's a long time ago, but when I went to school a one and three zero's was a thousand ,so nobody got it wrong till DSM came along, saw 1000 and thought it was ten thousand:unsure:, but surely 500 is a bit on the slow side.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thank you Brother Leo, obviously MokkTheWeek, was not around to see the original
post, and has not read the O/P's, post's #6 or #7, but has treated my post with his
normal sarcasm ,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
So what's happened with the forum software? if you edit a post after someone else has posted, it used to add "edited at (time)" then it was clear WHEN a post was edited.

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts
As the original post has edited alongside the discussion starter and the following two posts queried the 10,000 rpm it was apparent to everyone else of the mistake. Coupled with the fact at post#7
carli-greasemonkey admitted he got the revs wrong you decide to blame the forum software instead of tendering an apology.
Maybe the solution would be to do away with members edit facility altogether? (As in other forums)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You are right most forums don't allow editing after a reply has been made and for very good reason, this forum used to add the time and date of an edit, either is fine, as it prevents this sort of confusion. I find it quite difficult to apologise to someone rolling on the floor laughing, don't you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Morning did you get to the bottom of your problem
Not trying to be clever have you searched elsewhere on the forum I searched fast tickover and
Other posts on forum indicate this is not unusual especially when cold however
You mention the fan keeps running, I am not a mechanic but have been told by friends that if the fan keeps running after you switch off in a vw golf diesel the car has started a regen of the DPF and is trying to remove excess heat ,iam not sure if same applies to Mokka diesels
There are other posts on here about how to regen the dpf but might be about difficult in current climate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts