Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just joined and i have been reading some of the comments,one in particular got me quite worried because i test drove the model that the person was talking about the 1.4t exclusive 4wd.at the time the salesman took me out and i drove it for a good 25 min and was so impressed i ordered one which i will recieve end of july.the person in the comment had said to stay away from this model because it was to noisey but i have to say when i drove it i found it to be very quiet would be very happy to hear from owners of this model cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've also ordered the 1.4T 4x4 as found it to be brilliant on test drive. Although I haven't experienced it at motorway speeds so can't comment there. Mines scheduled to come in August so your find out before me!

·
Registered
69 Posts
What was the noise complaint made about? I've heard a few people say the wing mirrors making noise at motorway speeds but I think that's fixed now and also was happening on all models. Was your vauxhall salesmen talking loudly to cover up the noise maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never stated what was noisey but i have read somthing similar in what car and it said the issue had been fixed don't think we have anything to worry about

·
Registered
344 Posts
I gave up reading reviews of ANY kind! There's nothing like hands on, what's that saying ? One man's meat is another man's poison

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine is an exclusiv1.4t awd and I have had it for 6 weeks..It does have a little more road noise than I expected - but its not so bad that it is an issue..
I have to agree though that at first it did seem overly noisy - funnily enough though not so at a steady 70 on the motorway.
I like my Mokka and as I am getting more used to it I am "tweaking" the ride.From entertainment to climate control all my initial niggles and perceived gripeshave been sorted.
Part of the learning process is that there are lots of "Auto functions" which in time I have either learned to leave alone or turn them off and manually adjust to my preferences.
I can tell you that the air con on auto at start up can be like sitting in a wind tunnel..It settles down but not fast enough for my liking..so air con is on manual.
All in all I am happy with my purchase..

·
Registered
61 Posts
We've had a 1.4t SE for just over 2 months now and honestly the engine noise is perfectly fine. I cannot figure out what some people are moaning about. It's never going to be silent as at the end of the day it's still a relatively small engine. I think it's a good balance of economy and power even on the motorway. The sixth gear really helps. I do wonder how many people have bought/ordered the car without actually thinking about and researching what they're buying. Cars like the Mokka are never going to run quiet Espicially with big tyres. If you think it will then more fool you. You want silent buy a Prius. Maybe those who are moaning should've done a proper test drive before spending thousands of pounds on something they hadn't properly tried out. We love ours

1 - 12 of 12 Posts