Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Misty Lake

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  theforestdweller 
#1 ·
Being a newbie to the Mokka Owners Club I have read with interest many of the commentsconcerning Misty Lake choice of colour. I ordered my car in this colour on 21st November last
and was informed by the dealer only last week that it wasn't available.
However after contacting Vauxhall to confirm this I was informed that as of January 15 this colour
had been discontinued. On Wednesday this week the dealer again contacted me to confirm
that Vauxhall had released the car to be built and surprise surprise in the original colour ordered
Misty Lake. No wonder many members are like myself in a state of confusion.

#2 ·
I had a 3 day test drive from 25st Jan in a demo car from Vauxhalls own fleet (company car) - Itwas in Misty Lake
I then placed an order on 4th Feb in that colour
I did not find out until after that, that this colour had been discontinued (via this forum)

So why did Vauxhall send me a demo car in a colour that wasn't available (which wasn't mentioned on the spec sheet that came with the vehicle?)

And why am I still waiting to be notified my them that there is a problem with my order? I must admit that I haven't raised the issue with them because I am still in a dilema as I can't decide on an alternative colour.....

#3 ·
Misty lake cars are still being delivered - they just aren't being made any more. If your order was for a stock vehicle then there would be no problem. If it is for a factory order I'd expect the first you know about it would be the factory saying
when they put the order through for a build date. Car manufacturers regularly give you demonstrators where they either fail to tell you on the spec sheet there's been several extras added or have things that are no longer available. I had one once with an engine size that had been replaced with a more frugal smaller model.

#5 ·
DietCokeBloke said:
Misty lake cars are still being delivered - they just aren't being made any more. If your order was for a stock vehicle then there would be no problem.
That's as I see it as well. I ordered on 24th January 2013 and have been told mid March delivery for my "Misty Lake". That makes it a dealer order prior to the colour being discontinued. I do wish I had direct contact with the dealer though just to be able to confirm (and also nag a bit
), but I've ordered through a third party (LloydsTSB Carselect) which gave me far better discounts, and they are not very communicative. They get the job done though as I've ordered through them before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.