Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just joined because I am now the proud owner of the Buick Encore which is the american build of the Opel Mokka. I hope it is ok with you all that I have joined, I have found a bunch oh helpful tips & information from the members & would love to share what's happening with the Encore on this side of the pond.

This is the steel gray metallic with T*Tanium leather, Navigation, Bose audio & Sunroof.That's my introduction & here's my new ride, I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I have enjoyed looking at yours. Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome !
your car looks mean at the front ! I like it

Dumb question but you say your audios Bose? do we get thst over here ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see it as an option in the SE build you all have. Do you guys have a sunroof option? I didn't see that either. You can see more about the Encore at this websitehttp://www.buick.com/encore-luxury-crossover.html

·
Registered
817 Posts
They are just bring out the sunroof option next month.

We weren't offered the Bose sound system either.

But let's hope it is without the label. Wishful thinking

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man that stinks, can you install the sunroof after you buy it? Do you all have a power liftgate option? I noticed that you can get power folding mirrors & extended seats on the SE version, those are not options here yet but I can't imagine how much more it would impact the price considering the one I got was built at almost $30K.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Wow she's a real beauty, love the leather colour and the screen. Yeah sunroof is one of the new options that comes with MY14 for orders after 1st of May. Opel owners in certain countries have always had the option. How are waiting times for a new car over there? Do you have the flexfit bike carrier option?
I'm off to Orlando soon and have ordered an intermediate SUV from Alamo in the very unlikely chance I might get an Encore - having said that from what I read they're all Dodges, Fords and the odd Nissan.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No power tailgate option and sunroof can't be added since its a different chassis. Is it me or does the boot (trunk) look bigger? I really like the mini grills at the top of the bonnet (hood), makes the car look a bit more angry. I'll let somebody do a price comparison but remember ours include VAT (sales tax which is 20%)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong (someone will
) but if we ordered Sat Nav, didn't that mean we get a stereo upgrade?
I kinda forgot as it's been a while since I ordered mine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I used to have a Chevy Equinox which was a little bigger, but the screen for the Nav & other apps is very nice, crisp and bright but it's not a touch screen. I wonder why they held back the sun roof on you all. I live in California & couldn't do without it. but when this car came out I was like I NEED IT!

I don't see anything about the bike carrier option over here yet but I would imagine part might fit both vehicles. it looks awesome.

I doubt that any of the rental agencies will have an encore available for rent any time soon, supply is VERY limited, there were only 4 of the build I got in 500 miles & 16 in the nation. I think they said order times were 6-8 weeks but we have them on lots already so depending on the build your looking for you could get one same day.

On the rental front... I would HIGHLY suggest you stay away from the fords is they have the MyFord Touch systems... they are very problematic & if you rely on them for navigation you're bound to be lost!

Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man that stinks, can you install the sunroof after you buy it? Do you all have a power liftgate option? I noticed that you can get power folding mirrors & extended seats on the SE version, those are not options here yet but I can't imagine how much more it would impact the price considering the one I got was built at almost $30K.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, you have a 20% sales tax?! Thats high, ours is 7%. I'm working on figuring out a power liftgate install, finger crossed it's something I really got used to with my old car.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hello and welcome

I must say the Buick looks Awesome.

As for the sound system Dawn, it will be better with the Navi, but it wont be no Bose system.

In Vauxhalls when there is an option, to have an uprated sound system, you will find it will be an Infinity Sound System upgrade.

Andy

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The flex fit again is a different chassis as there needs to be a big hole for it to slide out of on the rear (where the silver area is). The flexfit have also seem to have a bigger lead time.

I'm surprised you have the black bumpers instead of body coloured ones, aren't black bumpers considered a bit naff over there?
The Equinox over here is the Antara, it hasn't really sold in any great numbers only finding traction in the reduced mobility market. The Buick version of it does look nice on NCIS: LA though.

Can you recommend anything in the intermediate SUV rental bracket in case I get a choice? Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
421 Posts
Best American rental car I ever had was a Pontiac Vibe. Just before GM killed the brand. Even then, I think it was a re badged Toyota.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I saw a Encore in China Just before Easter it looked just like yours and it looked great! Ordered My Mokka on 2nd April, and I inquired about a sunroof as the Encore I had seen the week before had one, but not available, but will be available as a option on a MY14 now. It will be interesting to see if mine will be a MY13 or MY14, currently have no ticks on the tracker, but I would have thougt there would be no way I would be able to add a sunroof to the order.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I doubt that any of the rental agencies will have an encore available for rent any time soon, supply is VERY limited, there were only 4 of the build I got in 500 miles & 16 in the nation. I think they said order times were 6-8 weeks but we have them on lots already so depending on the build your looking for you could get one same day.

I will have waited 6.5 months for mine by the time I get it 14th June so 6-8 weeks
is no time to wait at all

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome and a very nice car u have their is your sat nav touch screen and i love them bonnet vents. typical we all ways get the runt of the cars here lol

1 - 20 of 60 Posts