Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this order tracking malarkey just marketing/PR guff?

I only wonder because I work in an industry not too far removed from PR guff and it's starting to have a distinct whiff. I can see that it stops us from hassling dealers over a delivery date, but surely that's what dealers are for? If Vauxhall really cared, an email update every fortnight is good practice, not some open-ended "don't call us, we'll call you" delivery notification.

I suggested that the Farnborough Fast Forward event pumped new car smell at us and was greeted with a look like I'd just discovered a state secret. So maybe I'm onto something....

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
There was a new car smell at Fast Forward? I couldn't smell much beyond the raspberry orange drink I kept getting refilled.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Squinny, I forgot to mention that along with the 'track my vauxhall' website, you also get up to date email confirmations too (if you dign up for them on the website).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done that, but haven't received anything. Hence why my guff radar is starting to spin.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I think there probably is an element to it but personally I like the idea of being able to nip online and check. Much easier than having to chase your dealer up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My dealer hates the tracking site (for a worrying reason) says the customers that are all over it dont give the dealer any legroom for when the car arrives if theres any issues....

Having worked for another dealer that normally means they've crashed it into the transporter lol

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I gave my dealers plenty of time for the quality assurance on a Corsa once, they still work out the speedo dial was on backwards! Very worrying driving around near speed cameras without a working speedo I'll tell you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts