Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my manufacturers warranty is coming to and end, wondering what options people have chose.

Do Vx direct do a continuation one? What about dealer I bought from, Arnold Clark? Or an online one - suggestions and recommendations?

Do people not get one, not worth it etc, and what sort of cost please.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've never bothred with an extended warranty on any of the new cars I've owned. Made sure they were serviced by the dealer during the warranty period (3 years for Vauxhall, 5 years for Toyota) and been lucky for those I've kept beyond that. Heard about a lot of horror stories about warranty being denied by some of these aftermarket (WarrantyWise etc) but bottom line is that it's your choice really.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh never had one in past, but never really had new cars, whereas this one. It’s been serviced by AC, decent service tbh, video etc for proof. It’ll have its last service and MOT soon, and touch wood never had any problems so far.
Just wondering if Vx did one, cost and others etc.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Had quite a few new cars but never bought an extended warranty, read the terms and conditions, most that I've looked into might cover a leaking hose but no chance of anything major, most will not cover diagnosis, meaning you pay for dismantling to find the fault, then they find a good reason why it's not covered, Vauxhall used to do a reasonable one if you bought it within the original guarantee period but not sure under PSA.

·
Registered
758 Posts
You only find out how good a warranty is when a claim comes up, unfortunately, A,Clark,
do one which covers everything, Major according to their warranty book, with normal consumable items excluded, and has full RAC cover included, or you used to be able
to get a Network q one of Vauxhall, worth a call to them.

·
Super Moderator
9,374 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Having bought my Mokka new in 2015 I have bought Vauxhall extended warranty for the past 2 years.
The cost is £183 for a year and is the top level of 3 levels.
Although I have not needed to claim, having it gives me peace of mind considering the cost of very expensive repairs.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If you're lucky you get what you pay for, at least the terms of the Vauxhall one are decent from what I recall.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having bought my Mokka new in 2015 I have bought Vauxhall extended warranty for the past 2 years.
The cost is £183 for a year and is the top level of 3 levels.
Although I have not needed to claim, having it gives me peace of mind considering the cost of very expensive repairs.
That seems decent price. Looked on Arnold Clark online, called “Autocare” and is £379 for 1 year, £499 for 2 years. Double price of yours.

Do you have a link online for info or where this is from please.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have never bothered with extended warranty but it's an individual peace of mind thing I guess 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts