Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
After being parked for couple of hours I tried to pull away at a major light controlled junction but found I had very limited power but managed to limp to a lay-bys.the AA man after a wait in darkness and rain declared a misfire had occurred and if I switched the engine off and on again it would probably be OK. Did this and it was but I wouldn't have wanted to pull out into the traffic not knowing if I had power. As it was he pulled out behind me with lights flashing until we reached a safe place to stop.I am scared to use the car now . Often have 5 yr olds in the back. Booked in to the garage. Will keep you posted!

Post merged
Edited by: wellinever

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hi Scared, and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the problem that you have with your Mokka. Out of interest, what engine is it, and how old. Hope it gets sorted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi gang bought my Mokka 1.4T Exclusiv 66 Plate in September, 5 mths old.
I'd like to relate a problem I experienced on driving home tonight.
After 10 miles I approached a junction and turned the corner, the engine just died away with loss of total power. The car stopped but the engine was running normally and would rev also normally, but putting it into gear the car would not accelerate or move off. After several attempts I turned the engine off, waited a few seconds started it again. The car drove normally again.
I will drive again tomorrow and hope that is the first and last time it happens.
Watch this space..

·
Registered
788 Posts
Two possibles.
1) Throttle body, seen it once before and replacement cured (don't get fobbed off with a clean as it wont fix it)

2) Coil pack, but this would give a rough running engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just been out in my mokka 1.7cdti 4x4, I was driving along when I got service vehicle soon on the dash the car lost power, pulled over turn off the engine for a few minutes started up again set off and now seems ok. has anybody else had the same problem or no what the problem might be.

Post merged.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts