Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware that there have been previous posting around loss of power. I joined the forum out of desperation to try and get some help re my 1.7D auto which has lost power on a number of occasions. It has been into the garage for a week and they are unable to replicate the fault.
It has happened several times when in the Mersey tunnel - not a great experience when there are lorries behind you and there is nothing you can do. It has also happened when turning a corner a few times.

The other fault is that the brake is slow to come back up after braking - I have no idea if these are linked.

I have no faith in the car which is 6 months old!

I would appreciate any advice on how to get this issue resolved.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hi Nervous. I don't know if it's a similar thing, but have a read of Stewart245's post, on Safety Issue. Engine cutting out, Help needed, page 48. It may help

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also experienced a sudden loss of power while accelerating first day I had car, put foot down a little harder and it picked up while playing a nice little chiming melody. Turns out I had activated the limiter by mistake!
Reminded me I must always wear my binoculars when driving in order to see what's written on the buttons!

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i too have had a number of issues with loss of power on my 2014 1.7ctdi mokka, constantly loses power approaching roundabouts, junctions, in slow traffic etc - no warning whats so ever, just dyes a death and i need to turn the key and restart the engine, ive nearly been wacked at least 8 times by oncoming traffic or by drivers behind me - im actually terrified of this car and taking in any passengers in it.

had it into vauxhall twice for a week each time - say they cant get the fault to happen in their workshop - eh try driving it - explained to them its not happening all the time just whenever it feels like it and was told its MY DRIVING!!! ive been driving for 25year far superior cars to this hunk of junk and have now reported it to watchdog to see how they get on

ps i hate this car big time

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Sorry to hear of your continuing problem with your Mokka. If you have exhausted all avenues with your dealer have you involved Vauxhall Customer Services? As stated previously, there are quiet a number of members experiencing the same problem with their vehicle, and hopefully now you have involved 'Watchdog' maybe they can bring it to a successful conclusion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm a bit concerenred... This is the first 1.7 CDTi AUTO that I've heard of loosing power.So far I thought that was the realm of the manual Start/Stop drivers...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I have had the same problem with mine, have you had the car long? I to am terrified to drive the car. It has been back to the garage twice and they reckon that there is nothing wrong with it, well they aren't going to admit it are they. I have now rejected the car and will be taking legal action. The engine cutting out has nothing to do with how we are driving the car. I also find it strange that they seem to have discontinued the ctdi 1.7 and replaced it with the whisper 1.6.

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Nervousyou have an auto and does the vehicle actually cut out or does it go into 'limp mode'?

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
Nickij said:
Hi I have had the same problem with mine, have you had the car long? I to am terrified to drive the car. It has been back to the garage twice and they reckon that there is nothing wrong with it, well they aren't going to admit it are they. I have now rejected the car and will be taking legal action. The engine cutting out has nothing to do with how we are driving the car. I also find it strange that they seem to have discontinued the ctdi 1.7 and replaced it with the whisper 1.6.

If it's not an auto you might like to read through this CLICK

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've watched an episode of Don't get done get Dom re clutch problems with FORD.

Guess what, it's not only Vauxhall that use "Driving Style". Two guys had problems with the clutch failing, after 6000 miles, and wouldn't repair under warranty. Their get out was "customers Driving Style"

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have seen early clutch faults on cars which were driving style.
The funniest was on a Corsa which ate a clutch in 6000miles, it got changed and the old dear then demonstrated how she drove.......third gear and the engine screaming like a 747 before it begins to roll.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the posts. interesting that others are also having problems. I guess the car goes into limp mode not totally cuts out. I had an oil change recently and since then have had not problems until recently when it has happened once again.

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
In this case, you need to have a diagnostic check, (which I assume the dealer did) and the fault codes read and work from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a 1.7 cdti SE mokka three weeks ago. Whilst driving last Thursday on motorway car very suddenly lost power, quite dramatically in fact. No warning lights, no codes, nothing to indicate a problem. Fortunately almost to exit and managed to get off at about 10 miles per hour. Ive had car recovered back to dealer as in my opinion it was dangerous to drive. Don't know when its going to happen again.Before this I had a guy plug in and the following codes came up p0513, P0629, P2463, P242F AND P257F all this after a NetworkQ full check. Anyone know what these are? Should I ask them to change the car.

Topic merged.
Edited by: wellinever

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Nervous,I fully understand what you are feeling!
Now I don't have a Mokka diesel but have had Nissan X-trails.
What used to happen was that mine would go into 'limp home' mode, which sounds like your problem.
If stopping (or not) and turning the ignition off and back on returns full power this is an indication of this type of fault.
If that is the case there should be engine codes stored in the engine control unit (ecu) which the dealer can access.
It's worth pressing them on this if you have to take it in again.

I also had some odd effects due to what must have been 'bad fuel' (which doesn't give an ecu fault).
I kept suffering from intermittant power dropouts and took it to my dealer thinking it was the diesel pump on the way out. It turned out it was an emulsion of diesel and water in the fuel filter which floats up and down intermittantly blocking the fuel flow.
Forty quid or so for a new oil filter job done. Again you'd have to press them to think about this as a possible cause. Do you use Tesco fuel (say no more)?

Anyway all the best and good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After some thoughts. After having my 2014 Exclusive 1.7
diesel auto for about 2 weeks i experienced the dreaded loss of power experienced by others and only managed to restore power after re starting. i contacted the dealer purchased from(out of london) who advised me to take to local dealer to check out. Conclusion was that the diesel partial filter had become sooted and had tried to do a regen a couple of times.
My question is that bearing in mind that the vehicle was very low mileage and all pre checks were supposed to have been carried out, am i wrong to expect the original dealership who sold me the car to foot the £99 bill that i had to pay to have the vehicle checked out.

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts