Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
So, at this moment your car is with the dealership awaiting an inspection from an independent Vauxhall dealer/ mechanic? Has any contact been made with Vauxhall Customer Service?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the advice it is going to an independent Vauxhall dealer/mechanic on Tuesday so fingers crossed for an answer!

I have not made any contact yet with Vauxhall customer service, but that’s a good idea thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The car was sorted by the Vauxhall mechanics(steeles) they couldn’t find a fault through various testing they had done but called Vauxhall directly and found that a common fault is that the filler cap on the coolant tank is faulty!

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Regardless, it's now sorted, hopefully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mokka 1.4T - 2015 (40k Miles). Same problem here. Replaced Faulty Expansion Tank, Replaced Water Pump, Replaced Head Gasket and STILL leaking.... Car was purchased from Perry's and fortunately came with a 5 Year extended Warranty. So far the Car has almost £3,000 in faults repaired under warranty with an outlay of around £500 on my side. Engine Manifold was also replaced along with a faulty starter motor. The Car is a total pile of crap for something barely used with such low Mileage. Needless to say my next car won't be a Vauxhall !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just to give you the heads up. I have had issues with my coolant leaking since November last year (maybe longer as I’m not great at checking) I have finally got it sorted after being told three times by my Vauxhall garage that there were no issues and that it was simply an ‘air lock’. After the garage changed the coolant tank it was still loosing coolant, so after I persevered further with them, they finally found the leak was at the heating catalyst, they only found the leak as the footwell was slightly wet. Since this has been replaced I have had no issues!
Hope this helps anyone having the same issue :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
After taking Advice from this Forum I replaced the Expansion Cap. I checked Coolant levels this morning and it had dropped approximately 1/2 a Litre in the past 3 Weeks. This has now been topped up so will continue to monitor. Fingers crossed the replacement cap has solved the ongoing issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
I am a newbie here and new to UK too. Letting you know beforehand that i am not that good with Cars. Recently bought a Mokka from a Dealer and wanted to know whether coolant level is ok or not. Pic is attached.

The level should be till Horizontal Line... right? The Car has been standing from last 2 days and there is no Coolant Leakage as of yet so i am assuming that Coolant was less when i bought the Car. I just want to know that till what level should i fill it and which brand should i buy from Hallfords as its next to my home.

I have read the manual already and It doesn't say till where should i fill the Coolant. Please do share your knowledge with me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I am a newbie here and new to UK too. Letting you know beforehand that i am not that good with Cars. Recently bought a Mokka from a Dealer and wanted to know whether coolant level is ok or not. Pic is attached.

The level should be till Horizontal Line... right? The Car has been standing from last 2 days and there is no Coolant Leakage as of yet so i am assuming that Coolant was less when i bought the Car. I just want to know that till what level should i fill it and which brand should i buy from Hallfords as its next to my home.

I have read the manual already and It doesn't say till where should i fill the Coolant. Please do share your knowledge with me.

View attachment 1669
Coolant level should be at the top line. Just hope you havent got the dreaded coolant leaking issue. The Wife's Coolant never moves from the top line between yearly services. Mine has to be topped up every month. The Coolant from Halfords is OAT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Coolant level should be at the top line. Just hope you havent got the dreaded coolant leaking issue. The Wife's Coolant never moves from the top line between yearly services. Mine has to be topped up every month. The Coolant from Halfords is OAT.

First of All Thx for Replying. Really appreciate it.
Just to be sure which Line you are Talking about. Kindly tell from the Pic attached. You are talking about Line 1 or 2.

Also i am assuming that it should be between Line 1 and 2 Always....right?

·
Registered
766 Posts
The picture are been doctored to add 2 black dots and 2 numbers where 1 is on the current incorrect level and 2 is way high up near the radius of the top of the tank. The tank itself has a level mark which ive mentioned before its really not hard to see.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Yeah, I didn't mean the dot, the correct level is where "line 1" is written, there seem to be different markings on tanks, mine has the same thick line with the arrow and about 5mm below it has a thinner line with "fill" written on it which is not on the tank pictured.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yeah, I didn't mean the dot, the correct level is where "line 1" is written, there seem to be different markings on tanks, mine has the same thick line with the arrow and about 5mm below it has a thinner line with "fill" written on it which is not on the tank pictured.
Yup I didn’t think you would but the picture along with statements create ambiguity rather than the clarity of a big clear line with arrows for people who can’t see them.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
The manual creates the ambiguity, "If the cooling system is cold, the coolant level should be above the filling line mark. Top up if the level is low". As the filling line is missing from the tank pictured and the only line on it is the maximum, it might be reasonable to ask how much above this line should the level be?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts