Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you
The clip iam describing looks exactly like the one in the second picture
Can I take it you just pull the silver coloured wire/clip upwards in the middle to release the whole assembly then remove it from the heater pipe
Once it’s off I understand you can replace the o ring if perished
The dealers have indicated a 10 day delivery date for a new connector as to quote them “they never go wrong “

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for all the replies
The garage I used tried a repair which unfortunately didn’t work new connector/clip on order from dealers
Update ,the dealer managed to deliver the wrong part (they delivered the hose but not the connector) the garage I used stripped the connector down and re fitted a new o ring inside the connector leak now sorted
Unfortunately the other connector is now leaking slightly iam going to try and repair myself by changing the o ring

·
Registered
12 Posts
we have just had a service and was give the news that we need the turbo coolant feed pipe it will need to be replaced to stop a coolant leak that we had noticed recently with a cost of £850. we asked for a parts list and it comes over £200.
I think we will shop around

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - an original member but since lost my login details.

My from new 63 plate Mokka had the water pump recently replaced, identified as primary source for coolant leak. However, coolant still leaking and now traced to coolant hose behind the turbo (1.4T engine). Vauxhall want £799 to replace as "not under warranty". Anyone else had the coolant hose replaced under warranty or at time the water pump was replaced?

Thanks,
MJ
My 64 plate Mokka was found to be losing coolant when it had it's service and MOT. The dealer was talking £800 for repairs. I took it to an independently owned garage who found the pipe behind the turbo was leaking. He set out to replace it and found out that the coupling to connect it had been superseded eleven times since manufacturing and that the dealers all carry a supply of them as it's such a common fault on the cars. I think it should be a Vauxhall recall to fit the new parts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
I recently had the same issue with the inlet connection to the heater matrix to cut a long story short my garage replaced the o ring inside the connector and solved the problem however I had spent ages looking for a leak and finally noticed that the sound deadening material under the pipes was wet I the ran the car up to temperature,let it run and noticed the leak from the lower hose connector please note it was just a slow small drip .
lo and behold the outlet connection is now leaking ,I haven’t stripped it down yet but iam guessing the o ring has gone ,
I’ve just noticed the date of your original post did you get sorted

·
Registered
1 Posts

My from new 63 plate Mokka had the water pump recently replaced, identified as primary source for coolant leak. However, coolant still leaking and now traced to coolant hose behind the turbo (1.4T engine). Vauxhall want £799 to replace as "not under warranty". Anyone else had the coolant hose replaced under warranty or at time the water pump was replaced?

Thanks,
MJ
Mine went on my 2017 motor .done under warranty cost would have been £527
This happened in October 2019
It’s just gone again luckily still under warranty .apparently it’s a common fault

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks,
MJ
Hello
I bought Mokka plate 62 two months ago... Nice no issues at all apart from coolant leaks. 3 mechanics couldn't find the fault. Does anyone had the same problem please share your experience and advice.
Many thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I bought Mokka plate 62 two months ago... Nice no issues at all apart from coolant leaks. 3 mechanics couldn't find the fault. Does anyone had the same problem please share your experience and advice.
Many thanks
Hi does anyone know the part number or the size of o-ring on the heater matrix lower inlet pipe connection? I heard it is an imperial size?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks,
MJ
I'm on the 2nd time now first was under warranty of purchase of car from dealership. First time @26.305 miles Two years later 2nd time @37.770 miles. It's the pipe that keeps splitting at a connecting point. I'm on a 16 plate 1.4 petrol turbo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Coolant leak help needed
Hi,
I have a coolant leak from the heater inlet hose on my Mokka 1.6 petrol 2014 model
The leak appears to be coming from the quick fit type connector, there is no leak with the heater switched offf
I have seen on internet that the cause might be an o ring inside the connector has failed and is reasonably easy to repair / replace ,
I have looked at the connector which appears to have a metal clip fitted but am unsure how to remove it , I don’t want to force it in case I damage the heater matrix
Any advice help would be much appreciated
&
Hi, I have the same issue on the Heater Outlet - Top Hose - and can't work out how to disconnect the hose.. It looks like it has a metal wire clip so don't want to force and break it.. Did you manage to remove it yourself?

81 - 98 of 98 Posts