Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi moka 1.4 Tecline 2016. Car has only 10000 miles over the last few months I have been losing Acceleration for no reason at all, but it does come back after a minute or so or if you pull over and restart it. Vauxhall have had it in twice on their diognostic machine but say they can't find anything showing up. There is definitely some sort of fault but I am at a loss what to do next. Any help please.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Unfortunately the modern mechanic sorry technician seems ill at ease trying to diagnose a problem without the aid off tech 11 or similar -- modern motors are electrically in many instances behond the skills of many main dealers who on many occasions seem to take the well documented approach that lets blame the driver because we ain't got a clue -- the electronic problems on the modern cars are what will kill it not as in the past mechanical problems - heaven forbid that a car is subject to out of warranty electronic faults the invoice will be in telephone numbers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thank you for your reply. The car seem to lose acceleration when low revs say slow moving traffic or as the other night as I was pulling out of a side road also I forgot to mention there was some sort of warning noise which stopped when it got going when I told vauxhall this they said they had never heard of it but both my wife and I have heard this on different occasions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure the Engine oil is correct. On Mokka's with engine codes A14NET B14XFL and B14XFT you need to be using Dexos 1 generation 2 as putting in Dexos 2 can cause loss of power

·
Registered
709 Posts
Make sure the Engine oil is correct. On Mokka's with engine codes A14NET B14XFL and B14XFT you need to be using Dexos 1 generation 2 as putting in Dexos 2 can cause loss of power

How on earth can the Dexos affect power output?

On that line it would mean my Mobil1 0w40 is robbing my Z28NEH of power as gm state the dexos2 5w30 :tsurprise:

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Turbocharged and/or direct injection engines have a certain risk for Stochastic Pre Ignition (SPI). These SPI cause strong pressure peaks in the combustion chamber which may harm the piston ring lands"
Dexos 1 gen 2 stops this

As for your 2.8 Yes your putting in incorrect oil from original spec but as you have mapped it then its outside Vauxhall perameters so who knows what oil should now go in it :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
What has the oil got todo with accelerating .surely that’s caused by fuel mine used to nearly stall when setting of and moving up to second
Gear .hadthe upgrade done and it’s a lot better.
Oil only stops the engine seizing up I thought

·
Registered
13 Posts
What has the oil got todo with accelerating .surely that’s caused by fuel mine used to nearly stall when setting of and moving up to second
Gear .hadthe upgrade done and it’s a lot better.
Oil only stops the engine seizing up I thought
I'm just quoting what vauxhall say sorry. Beyond my pay grade as to why :confused:

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi moka 1.4 Tecline 2016. Car has only 10000 miles over the last few months I have been losing Acceleration for no reason at all, but it does come back after a minute or so or if you pull over and restart it. Vauxhall have had it in twice on their diognostic machine but say they can't find anything showing up. There is definitely some sort of fault but I am at a loss what to do next. Any help please.
I have the same problem, I feel like I’ve bought the worst car on the planet, I’ve a 67 plate grey mokka x turbo and I’ve only had it 10 months, during that time I’ve broke down on a roundabout, engine wiring loom replaced cam sensor replaced, did it again, alternator replaced, feeling sluggish again, am at the end of my tether with it, had it cut out once recently, used to cut out all the time. No stop start on it, beginning to think it’s electrical as my screen and dash dims and brightens.

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
Sounds a complete nightmare, but admire your tenacity in dealing/tolerating it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same problem, I feel like I’ve bought the worst car on the planet, I’ve a 67 plate grey mokka x turbo and I’ve only had it 10 months, during that time I’ve broke down on a roundabout, engine wiring loom replaced cam sensor replaced, did it again, alternator replaced, feeling sluggish again, am at the end of my tether with it, had it cut out once recently, used to cut out all the time. No stop start on it, beginning to think it’s electrical as my screen and dash dims and brightens.
Have you tried cleaning battery negative cable where it joins the body, could be a bad earth point due to corrosion, check same on battery as well, it can cause all sorts of problems, just check all earth points, melvin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you tried cleaning battery negative cable where it joins the body, could be a bad earth point due to corrosion, check same on battery as well, it can cause all sorts of problems, just check all earth points, melvin
Check positive battery lead at battery, loose connection,???

·
Registered
709 Posts
After 2 months I doubt the poster you quote would have carried on as it was. There’s certainly been no update, and the original post was over 4 years old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts