Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would just like to thankyou for allowing me to join the Mokka Owners Club!I joined last week and i have been following the posts that have been put up.I took particular interest in the post regarding the locking wheel nuts seizing on.So i went out and tried mine and sure enough they were seized to the point were
i smashed the first one trying to get it off.So after a trip to my local garage the offending wheel nuts have been removed and i replaced them with a set i had from my old Ford Kuga.Job done thanks to everyone for making me aware of this as i am new to the Mokka ownership.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes agree other cars do probably suffer the same problem but this was a first for me!The Kuga nuts i have put on are much more substantial.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Would just like to thankyou for allowing me to join the Mokka Owners Club!I joined last week and i have been following the posts that have been put up.I took particular interest in the post regarding the locking wheel nuts seizing on.So i went out and tried mine and sure enough they were seized to the point were
i smashed the first one trying to get it off.So after a trip to my local garage the offending wheel nuts have been removed and i replaced them with a set i had from my old Ford Kuga.Job done thanks to everyone for making me aware of this as i am new to the Mokka ownership.
Out of interest what method worked for you?

·
Super Moderator
8,870 Posts
"a trip to my local garage" :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mate in the garage forced a socket over the nut and used the impact Gun had them all off in 10 minutes then they went straight in the bin!

·
Registered
398 Posts
yes agree other cars do probably suffer the same problem but this was a first for me!The Kuga nuts i have put on are much more substantial.

First thing i did when i got my latest Vectra a few years ago was replace them all round with a new set. Like butter they are.

·
Super Moderator
8,870 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
if you look in your glove box, there should be a little box containing the locking wheel remover and 4 standard nuts/bolts, iv removed my locking bolts amd replaced with the non locking bolts as had a corsa which had to have its lockers removed by a dealer as the tool broke, also dealer broke their tool as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts