Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my gorgeous new Mokka on Monday and my dealer said that to keep up the LifeTime Warranty i have to take it to a vauxhall dealer for its service.
Anyone confirm if this is correct?
My last car was bought from new ( a Seat Leon ) and i always took it to the local croxdales who used Seat parts which was fine for the warranty ( and it was tons cheaper and closer to home )
Any suggestions? Ta

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is correct, and you only have a small window of time to get it serviced.
Once done they issue another warranty card for the next year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is not how I read
<h3 ="pt">
1.3. Customer duties to retain warranty</h3>

The Lifetime Warranty is dependent on an annual visit of the
vehicle to a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer who will activate and validate
the warranty extension for another year starting from the 12 month
period from registration or anniversary of registration.

Activation and validation of the warranty is required every 12 months.
This can only be carried out by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer.

The activation and validation can be performed up to 14 days after the expiry date of the preceding certificates expiry date.

Annual activation and validation of the lifetime warranty cover is also
dependent upon the confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in
accordance with the manufacturers recommended servicing
schedule.Vauxhall may request details of this service history at any
time during the warranty period.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's as the forestdweller has stated. The annual check is not a service. You can get it serviced elsewhere by a garage who use approved parts etc.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Block Exemption Regulation is an exemption in a business line or
industry, which debars organizations in the industry from some business
activities in order to create competition. The regulation is highly
known in the motor industry due to the effect caused by the BER
regulations from the European Commision.<sup id="cite_ref-1" ="reference">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_Exemption_Regulation_(EU)#cite_note-1</sup><sup id="cite_ref-2" ="reference">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_Exemption_Regulation_(EU)#cite_note-2</sup> BER has changed the motor industry in the last decade.<sup id="cite_ref-3" ="reference">
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_Exemption_Regulation_(EU)#cite_note-3</sup>
Prior to 2003 automobile owners in the EU region risk nullifying their
vehicle warranty when the vehicles were serviced or repaired in
workshops not belonging to the vehicle manufacturer or its dealers.
This
barrier was broken in October 2003, when the European Commission (EC)
passed a law allowing vehicle owners the freedom of having their
servicing and repairs done at their chosen workshop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that folks, some interesting points. So in summary, i can get the service done at a local garage within 12 months using vauxhall parts and getting service book stamped. Then take car to vauxhall dealers for inspection to get warranty card? That right?
Thanks and again shows how useful this forum is.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I enquired at my local Vauxhall dealers about the service charges for a 1.7 diesel Mokka. The first service after 1 year is £205, the second year is £255 + £22 for hydraulic fluid, the third year back to £205 and so on. A bit steep I thought.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The service can be conducted by any VAT registered garage, the must use the vauxhall service pack and correct oils. You can then take the service tick sheet then to the "authorised vehicle repairer" for the warranty to be signed off. They cannot charge you for the sign off.

a friend of mine rang VX to confirm that was the case. The only quibble was the oil from what i believe, and it took a while for VX to sign it off.

The law changed some time ago as main dealers were trying to insist that for warranty purposes the vehicle had to go back to them, now you can take it anywhere provided that the warranty conditions are met.

Im planning on purchasing the service pack prior to going into my local garage and ensure that they know where to download the tick off sheet. Then taking the Mokka to main dealers to sign off. It can be done as a while you wait!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Surely the dealer would charge for the inspection though? Probably not cheap either.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Been told no they are not allowed to charge for the warranty inspection. And i know a man who has done it that way!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have signed up to the 3 year service deal with my vauxhall garage. I pay £22 per month for 24 months and get the first 3 services so it saves quite a bit over the 3 years and it is easier paying time they as no big bills.

Works for me and all vauxhall garages offer this deal.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looks like the dealers charge what they like. At Perrys for a 3 year service plan I was qouted one payment of £23.64 followed by 33 payments of £17.99, a total of £617.31. I also think the service book is very poor, there are no details what so ever of the content of any service, just a list of filters that the dealer ticks if they have been changed. You simply hand over a couple of hundred pounds and trust the dealer does everything he should, still we all trust our dealers don't we

·
Registered
145 Posts
Out of interest does anyone have a copy of, or have access to the pukka service schedule for the Mokka (petrol & diesel) so we all know what should be done and what we are paying for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts