Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peeps,
Am after 4 red, bright led's that can be connected to a calculator battery that i can fit behing my Darksiders II Mask... anyone know where i can get such a thing or is there anyone on here that can knock something up? (obvoiusly i'llpay my way)

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you mean a coin type battery, then I think you will struggle with small 3V battery and bright x 4, especially if you want to illuminate for more than a few minutes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tetchmeister said:
If you mean a coin type battery, then I think you will struggle with small 3V battery and bright x 4, especially if you want to illuminate for more than a few minutes.
I'm talking the old skool square 5 volts that you used to think was cool to put your tongue on as a kid.

Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
374 Posts
Check this out:
www.ehow.co.uk/how_7280654_put-led-lights-model-kits.html

I don't think you will find a bright enough LED under 2.5V
For 4 you will need more power.

You can get all you need from Maplin or RS Components but I suspect you will want a 9V battery for any longevity.

Awaiting Fatman to find just the thing and prove me wrong!

·
Registered
163 Posts
will you be sticking that to your dashboard?

·
Registered
339 Posts
.....or will you be wearing it when you drive your Mokka?

·
Registered
315 Posts
9 volt battery, get your LED's from maplin or the likes. You will need resistors.

Have a look here at the LED calculator. It really is easy.

http://ledcalculator.net/default.aspx?lang=en-GB

I dabble in diecast modeling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have just ordered a set of LED T10 daytime running lights for my Mokka, can anyone tell me if I will need resistors or not?
If so where is the best place to buy them and what type do I need? Can you buy them all ready wired up with plugs at each end.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151144072942

·
Super Moderator
9,707 Posts
There are multiple threads on this subject in the search box under 'daytime running lights'

·
Registered
282 Posts
shutters62 said:
<div abp="889">Hi, I have just ordered a set of LED T10 daytime running lights for my Mokka, can anyone tell me if I will need resistors or not?
<div abp="890">If so where is the best place to buy them and what type do I need? Can you buy them all ready wired up with plugs at each end.
<div abp="891"><br abp="892">
<div abp="893">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151144072942
Pretty sure that the DRL's are T20's, not T10's. The T10's can be used for the rear number plates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Andy.

Many thanks for that information I will put the T10's on my number plate and re-order some T20's for the DRL, do you know of any bulbs that I could buy that don't require any wiring?

Regards
Ian

·
Registered
282 Posts
shutters62 said:
Hi Andy.<div abp="891"><br abp="892">
<div abp="893">Many thanks for that information I will put the T10's on my number plate and re-order some T20's for the DRL, do you know of any bulbs that I could buy that don't require any wiring?
<div abp="894"><br abp="895">
<div abp="896">Regards
<div abp="897">Ian
Hi Ian, Ihave tried a few LED's in the past, one set blew a fuse, others didn't look good, or were so cheaply made that single elements failed after a short while. I'm using these at the moment, they are not LED's, but they give a whiter light than normal bulbs ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-W21-5W-580-Dual-Filament-7443-White-Xenon-Effect-Bulbs-2-Bulbs-DRL-/371527179318?hash=item5680bedc36:g:C4kAAOSw37T**tpt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Andy,

Thanks ever so much for the information, I will order a pair of these bulbs now and will let you know what they are like as soon as they are fitted.
Such a shame Vauxhall dont make the Mokka with the LED DRL all ready fitted.
I picked my Mokka 1.6 SE up this week and managed to get my dealership to put on some nice looking side steps

Ian

·
Super Moderator
9,707 Posts
shutters62 said:
Hi Andy,

Thanks ever so much for the information, I will order a pair of these bulbs now and will let you know what they are like as soon as they are fitted.
Such a shame Vauxhall dont make the Mokka with the LED DRL all ready fitted.

Ian

Not toolong to wait. New Mokka X - Vauxhall Mokka Forums - Page 1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts