Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got the SE and the leather seats? What do you think about the quality of the leather. Went to test drive a Mokka today and they had a new one in the compound. We opened the door and although it smelt new as it should, there was strangly no smell of leather unlike my Ford Kuga. It smelt very plasticy! (If that's a proper word).

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It'll be a mix of real leather and faux leather (like on the back of the seats).

·
Registered
506 Posts
The description of the leather seats refers to "seat facings" so in common with other manufacturers the leather portion is the area you sit on and the part behind your back. Everything else including the seat bolsters will be "faux|"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Whatever happened to 'Leatherette' or is 'faux' leather not as cheap and tacky?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally the word "Leatherette" was trademarked so an alternative was required. The word "faux" rather than "false" gives this fabric airs and graces it doesn't deserve
. Fortunately the imitations are now much better than they used to be

·
Registered
713 Posts
Think the vauxhall word for faux leather is Moroccana. I had it on an Astra Design and it looked and felt like leather and was hard wearing

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Meugars every time.
Lord Sheraton conditioning wipes are also good fro a quick 'wipe over'.

·
Super Moderator
9,828 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, mine smells of leather every time I open the door and it's a 62 plate, the leather seems quite sturdy and thick to touch, there is no signs of wear or any crinkles. I am very pleased with the seats in every way with the exception that they are a little small in the should support area. And, the head rest leans forward too much.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I only found out after 2 years the headrest moves forwards and backwards. It has multi positions by pushing from the rear and it locks in place. Once it gets so far it returns to its original position

1 - 14 of 14 Posts