Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was sure I’d signed up to this forum years ago when I first got the car three years ago. Anyhoo, I’ve noticed after a run in the car, I have a leak underneath, think it’s just water... the leak only starts happening about a minute or so after the engine has been turned off and doesn’t lose a lot before it stops but it’s obviously a bit concerning. Anyone any ideas and whether it’d be an easy/low cost fix or not?! Video on tweet below
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Looks like its normal condensation from the aircon to me, that's where ours drips from, more so in hot weather, presumably you have checked the coolant and found it ok?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Is the leak at the front or back .if front will be air conditioner if you have had it on .if the back will be out of the little hole on the side

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like its normal condensation from the aircon to me, that's where ours drips from, more so in hot weather, presumably you have checked the coolant and found it ok?
I’ll be honest I hadn’t. It’s pretty low but I haven’t filled it in ages (like, over a year) so I don’t think it’s that. Another thing was empty, think it’s the brake fluid (pic: dot 4) - but not sure that’s because it’s been leaking more the fact I haven’t maintained very well lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the leak at the front or back .if front will be air conditioner if you have had it on .if the back will be out of the little hole on the side
It is more towards the front. Car has climate control and it was obviously working to keep me cool today so it could just be that! I have only noticed it in the recent warmer weather

·
Registered
165 Posts
If your brake fluid level is dropping and is quite low in the reservoir you need to get it checked out. Pronto in my view. Don't mess around with brakes.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If your brake fluid level is dropping and is quite low in the reservoir you need to get it checked out. Pronto in my view. Don't mess around with brakes.
Agreed, this is far more urgent than investigating the water leak, it is the brake fluid, in the first instance fill it to the mark straight away, fluid does go down as the pads wear but unlikely enough to empty the reservoir, after filling it, at the very least check it regularly (daily at first), and ideally get the brakes checked out as soon as you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that tank in the pic (dot 4) brake fluid tank? Couldn’t find anything in the manual just assuming it was brake fluid?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts